Profile for bigzosso > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bundaberg Rum Underproof 70cl
Bundaberg Rum Underproof 70cl

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost paint remover!!!, 20 Feb. 2015
Hmmm? I dont understand all the "Its lovely" reviews on here? I enjoy rum, I have several bottles of dark, golden, light, white and spiced from all over the world ranging from £11 to £54. I saw this at £20-ish and from Australia, so I read the reviews and thought I'd give it a go.
It taste like bad tequila. It is certainly not a sipping rum. I added a splash of water which with Malt whisky helps open up the flavours and remove any harsh fieryness. It didnt work. I tried it on ice, its somewhat dulled down the taste so was a bit better. I cut a big wedge of fresh lime and squeezed it in and dropped it in also. Now it was a bit better but not much. Add coke or whatever mixer you want but there's no getting away from its chemical poor quality tequila/mescal flavour. Find it hard to believe its rum actually. My brothers son lives in Sydney Aus, and he said its what all the scallies drink there, cheap to get drunk on!

I will not be buying this again, there's so many 200% better rums for sale at a cheaper price! Capt. Morgan, Bacardi, Myers, Lambs Navy to name a few

Do You Believe in Angels?
Do You Believe in Angels?

5.0 out of 5 stars great soulful voice, 8 Jan. 2015
Got the album, great soulful voice, love it! :-)

Black Bottle Blended Scotch Whisky 5cl Miniature
Black Bottle Blended Scotch Whisky 5cl Miniature
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the Old Style Black Bottle as advertised! Buyers beware, 2 Jan. 2015
I am so annoyed! I have the new flat Black Bottle whisky and have heard a lot about the "old style" Black Bottle. The old style was supposed to be far better and peaty and the new "flat" black bottle is not like that. So I have trawled the net to find a seller of the ""old green transparent round bottle" bottling. And here it is, expensive at £5+ but as I cant buy it anywhere else I was prepared to pay for it to try the old against my bottle of new whisky.

I have just received it and IT IS NOT THE OLD BOTTLE AS ADVERTISED!!!!!!! Buyers beware, this is the standard new flat black Black Bottle miniature that costs £2-£3 everywhere, NOT the old style bottle/dram as shown! This is illegally misleading advertising.

Do NOT buy if you want the old style Black Bottle as this is the new style flat bottle and a different dram(I have attached the photo)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 10:34 AM GMT

Dbest Solo Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Mobile Portable Mini X - iPhone 5S/ 5C/ 5/ HTC One/ HTC One M8/ Samsung S3/ S4/ S5/ Nokia Lumia/ Sony Xperia/ iPad Mini/ iPad Retina/ iPad Air (Black)
Offered by Electro Tycoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 25 Jun. 2014
I already had one of these so I know they are fantastic. Take them with music on your phone on holiday or anywhere you want music. They are not Hi-Fi speakers by any stretch but the quality of sound from these little speakers is amazing! I have had many similar speakers from other manufacturers and they are all in the bottom of a drawer somewhere now or in the bin. This is why I have just bought 2 more as a future investment. And at a fantastic price! Elswhere this model is on sale at £19+P&P aand upwards. This is a great price and they arrived really fast.

Wellcoda | Whiskey Jack Daniels Original Brewed For Bikers Rider Mens Sleeveless T-Shirt NEW Top Tank 100% Cotton Vest S-2XL Size Black XXL
Offered by wellcoda

1.0 out of 5 stars XXL?, 21 Jun. 2014
I am a 50" chest and most t-shirts I buy are sized ok. I thought XXL would be fine but this is so small it beggars belief who actually "sized" it? I can get it on but it is so tight it is like I had bought a 44" chest "other make" shirt. I have given it my daughter to wear :-(

Highland Park 12 Year Old Orkney Malt Whisky Bottle 70 cl
Highland Park 12 Year Old Orkney Malt Whisky Bottle 70 cl
Offered by The Grapevine

3.0 out of 5 stars Sulphured, 4 April 2014
I had Highland Park years ago so at this price I thought I'd have another bottle. I have many malts, this one though is not too good. It has a strong sulphur (read burning rubber) aftertaste. This is a shame because the nose and initial taste is lovely spoilt by the sulphur. I have a cheap bottle of "supermarkets own" Speyside single malt which I have struggled to drink as its a tad rough, but mixed 1 part to 3 of HP the HP is no longer discernably sulphured so is now quite drinkable and the cheap malts rough edge is smoothed off.
Now I've done that it's okay.

Weight Watchers 8949U Glass Only Weight Scale
Weight Watchers 8949U Glass Only Weight Scale
Offered by Ukdapper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 20 Jan. 2014
I bought these scales for monitoring weightloss whilst dieting. The info reads well for what they do. However, they are the most inaccurate scales I/we have ever used! I have them on a hard laminate flooring and every time I step on them the give different readings. I have tried moving the scales to different areas of the floor, I have tried them on carpet, I reset them, I stand central on them with feet central on the two silver side areas, I stand with my weight leaning forwards/backwards, it makes no difference. I cannot find a way of standing on them, or positioning them to get consistent readings.
e.g. Step on 18st 5lb, step off. Step back on in exactly the same place - 17st 13lbs Step off/back on again 18st 2lbs. Maybe step/on and get 3 or 4 readings of 18st 2lbs then the next would be 17st 12lbs! My thoughts are I have wasted my money :-( and would not advise anyone to buy them. I read similar reviews to this elsewhere and though it was just people "bad mouthing" them but after buying, I find myself saying the same and for scales aimed at the dieting section of society you would expect them to be better than the general bathroom scales, not worse.
As a footnote, I did not buy them from Amazon

Sakura Car Mats in Black for Vauxhall Insignia (Fits 2008 on Models)
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Vauxhall Insignia (Fits 2008 on Models)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 16 Jan. 2014
These arrived in 3 days! Great service. Product is very good quality and fitted the cars mat connectors perfectly. I recommend these as a fantastic buy.

Redgroove Md132id 512mb Mp3 WAV WMA Voice Recorder USB Stick
Redgroove Md132id 512mb Mp3 WAV WMA Voice Recorder USB Stick

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 17 Oct. 2013
This is marked and dirty so how it can be advertised as brand new is beyond me (regardless of the original packaging being the problem) The only instructions I got were in the purchase email saying how to turn it on. I have had 4 different people try to fathom out how to use it for anything and no one has managed to get it to do anything. Spend your money on a different product. This is dreadful.

LG 42LN575V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi/Freeview HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Bought This, 30 Aug. 2013
Would be 5star if better instructions and audio.

This replaces our "dead" LG 42PG3000 plasma TV.Picture quality is excellent. Setup instructions to a non-techy are very poor (do you want to setup for DTV or Secam??? Whats that? Nothing in the booklet.

It scans for the Sky box and finds zero. Now I'm starting to stress, the wife will be unhappy if she gets home and no Sky. It was working so no reason to stress. So why search for it and return nothing?
WiFi setup was an absolute breeze, in 1 second it displayed the network, I just put in on the onscreen keyboard the passcode to my router and it was done. It keeps buffering playing videos from my daughters laptop upstairs at the rear of the house but plays them fine from my PC in the next room. It is not fast at listing media (I have a lot of films) on the PC though and the drive & "folder layout" does not match the PC which is a bit confusing.

The sound of the built-in speakers is awful. I tried all the settings and at best it is really tinny and shallow, our old LG 42" plasma was incredible compared to this so a soundbar is my 1st purchase after just one day!

It is far lighter than the old plasma as well which is good.

The price was fantastic. It was delivered the next morning by 0930hrs and that only cost £7.75!!! Amazing as even with the express delivery before 1200hrs next day the price was only £447 and at the local Highstreet electrical stores it was £479+ Amazing!

Definately recommend this product but make sure you buy a soundbar as well.

Page: 1 | 2