Profile for Meghan T Shaw > Reviews

Content by Meghan T Shaw

Meghan T Shaw "Mrs T Shaw" (Fareham, UK)

DoodleMaths (Primary Maths)
DoodleMaths (Primary Maths)

5.0 out of 5 stars We just love this app in our family, 31 May 2016
This review is from: DoodleMaths (Primary Maths) (App)
We just love this app in our family, my son has to race his sister to get to the iPad first. I even find my husband trying it out. The difference we have seen in my son's progress in just a few months is astounding. His teacher is delighted and so are we. Thank you DoodleMaths!

DoodleMaths (Early Primary)
DoodleMaths (Early Primary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delighted Year 1 child, can't stop playing it!, 31 May 2016
This review is from: DoodleMaths (Early Primary) (App)
We love the primary version of this app for 7-11 year olds. My 6 year old is so excited to have her own version. She loves the motivation of earning stars for correct answers. She prefers playing DoodleMaths to watching Peppa Pig, which is really saying something! I love that she is getting practice at all kinds of maths topics, it includes a full range. The topics are fun and engaging, lots for a younger primary student to enjoy, including some really fun robots to build in the workshop. Thanks!

Belly Belt
Belly Belt
Offered by Baby Lurve

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me at all!, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Belly Belt (Apparel)
I bought this in my fourth month in the hopes of staying in my trouser longer. I was inbetween where my old trousers did not fit and I was not big enough to fit properly in maternity trousers. I was very disappointed. The elastic is cheap and stretches out very quickly, not strong enough to really work. Also many of my trousers are not the simple button with zip kind. I have many pairs with a cross over piece that is both a button and a hook, this will not work well with that kind of trouser. Also the hook pieces are very large, so none of my nice trousers from Banana, GAP or H and M will work with it, they all use smaller hooks than this product has. Now that I am big enough to use this, it will not actually make any of my trousers fit properly! Very disappointed.

Cupcakes & Fairycakes (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
Cupcakes & Fairycakes (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cupcakes and Fairy Cakes, 12 Feb. 2007
This is a fantastic addition to the Aussie Women's Weekly series. I really love all of the photos and the recipes. I have made a couple, the could cakes were delicious! It is very thin, so fits well on the shelf. The ingredients are easy to come by. Some of the decorating tools might need a bit of searching, but the book offers a range of cupcakes from easy to more tricky. Some of the recipes only make a couple of cakes, but it seems easy to double and triple if needed! Great addition to my cupcake collection =)

Apples for Jam: Recipes for Life
Apples for Jam: Recipes for Life
by Tessa Kiros

3.0 out of 5 stars Apples For Jam Review, 12 Feb. 2007
This is a very pretty cookbook. There are lots of nice pictures. I was initially attracted to it for that reason. Also the recipes seemed straight forward and appealing, no fussy ingredients. I do like the book but I find the way it is organised by color a bit confusing. Additionally, the author has chosen to include many of her own children's drawings and her own memories of her childhood. These are sprinkled throughout and while they may mean something to her, they are distracting and rather sappy and overly sentimental, not a good addition in my opinion, just annoying. Overall, not bad, but I expected much more.