Profile for TechLiv > Reviews

Content by TechLiv

TechLiv "olivia2409"

Green Silicone Case Cover Skin & Screen Protector Kit for New Apple iPhone 4 4G HD
Offered by Akis UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price., 7 Aug 2010
I bought this as I wanted a screen protector for my iphone. I actually wasn't that bothered about a case but it was so much cheaper than a protector alone on the high street (phones 4 u wanted £15 for three). Wasn't expecting much for the price but it would have been nice if the colour in the photo was more representative of the actual product. I chose this over the blue as I liked the very pale mint green but it is a brighter more fluorescent green than in the photo. Case itself is ok, comes away easily at the sides but means it is easy to get on/off. Cut outs are perfectly located so no interference with camera etc. All in all for the money it is ok - can't complain at £3 including the screen cover.

TeckNet® Apple iPad 4, 3 & 2 Screen Protectors for New Apple iPad 4rd Generation and Previous 3 & 2nd Generation (Pack of 6)
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says and you can't argue with the price., 7 Aug 2010
I use the apple ipad case but wanted something to just protect the screen from scratches and dust as much as possible. Having seen the cost of an ipad screen protector in currys (£20!) thought I would give these a go. You get three protectors each one comes in its own little plastic pouch and has its own cloth which I thought was a bonus. Application was easy enough, any screen protector can be a little difficult but if you remove the backing just a little and line it up at the bottom it is easy to use a credit card to smooth out the rest. I managed to put it on first time with just two small (1mm) air bubbles around the edge. Great price compared to the high street and does exactly what it should. I now have 2 spares which I can keep should I need them. Has no effect on sensitivity of the touch screen, you can't really tell its there except the screen probably doesn't feel quite as smooth. Would recommend.

Intensive Care
Intensive Care
Offered by CMS MEDIA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 25 Oct 2005
This review is from: Intensive Care (Audio CD)
I was really looking forward to this album and it has been well worth the wait. Whilst it still contains elements of what we have seen before from Robbie, a new direction has been taken with this album and it works. I would consider it less "poppy" and it offers a more mature sound. The songs are really cathchy and the choruses are all really strong, I don't think there is a weak song on it. Well done Rob!

Pay It Forward [VHS] [2001]
Pay It Forward [VHS] [2001]
VHS
Offered by auczobe Orders Posted with-in 3 days

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best films I have ever seen - unmissable., 1 May 2002
I borrowed this film from the video shop expecting to be neither amazed nor disappointed. I hadn't heard much about it but from reading the back i thought i'd give it a go.
I can honestly say that this film is one of the best I've seen (and I've seen a lot) and I would rate it in my top three. The story is well written and the three main characters are acted beautifully by Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Osment. It is the story of Trevor Mckinney who comes up with idea of paying it forward for a social studies class. Instead of paying back a person who has done something for you, you pay it forward to three other people who do the same for three others, therefore the "movement" spreads. The ways in which this idea affects those around it is very moving, trust me, the tissues will be needed.
Buy this film, you will not regret it.

Cry Wolf
Cry Wolf
by Tami Hoag

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly crafted, another outstanding book by Hoag, 9 Sep 2001
This review is from: Cry Wolf (Paperback)
This is now the sixth book of Hoag's that I have read and can honestly say I have enjoyed each one.
Cry Wolf is set in Acadiana, along the banks of the bayou. It is the story of the bayou strangler and the love found between the two main characters. The scenes are beautifully descriptive and the characters have good depth. From the moment I picked up this book, I had trouble putting it down. A must for Hoag fans!!
Just a word of warning, don't read A Thin Dark Line before this as it talks about the murders in this book and tells you who the killer is (as I found out the hard way - however I still enjoyed the book immensely, which shows how good a writer Tami Hoag is).

Lucky's Lady
Lucky's Lady
by Tami Hoag

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual thriller classic but still a good read, 2 Sep 2001
This review is from: Lucky's Lady (Paperback)
I have read a few of Tami Hoag's books and although I have enjoyed all of them, I feel that a couple of them should be classed as romance. This would be one of those books. The characters are well developed and Hoag sets the scene perfectly, leaving you wanting to visit the place which she writes about so well. However, in places it veers towards the cliched, with one of the two main characters (who are of course outstandingly beautiful) struggling with his inner demons to come to terms with loving Serena.
Definitely readable as it contains the same magic as all Hoag's other work, but not one of her usual thriller classics.

Magic
Magic

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best, but..........., 26 Aug 2001
This review is from: Magic (Paperback)
If you have enjoyed some of Hoag's classics such as Ashes to Ashes and are hoping to find the same enjoyment in this book, you could give it a miss. It doesn't hold the page turning suspense that has come to be expected of her. Instead of the book being a thriller with a touch of romance as usual, it is a romance with half an ounce of mystery. However, I did read this book in a day and although the romance between Bryan and Rachel was in parts boring due to the emphasis placed on recalling the minute details of their sex life(over quite a few pages), I am still glad that I read it and I can honestly say that I did enjoy this book to some degree and can think of worse. If you have read all other Hoag's except this, then give it a go, just don't expect the usual brilliance

A Thin Dark Line
A Thin Dark Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book by Hoag, 22 Aug 2001
This review is from: A Thin Dark Line (Paperback)
I had read a couple of Tami Hoag books before starting this one, and I have to admit to being hooked on her way of writing. The characters she develops are excellent and you really feel for them. This book not only contains a classic thriller but the love story between Annie and Fourcade had me turning the pages until the early hours of the morning. If you have not yet read any of Hoag's work I would suggest that you do, and at some point get round to reading this one. My only regret is that it finished!