Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "fee" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fleece Lined Classic Children's Rainbow Design Handknitted Woollen Jacket - Fair Trade Large - age 5 - 6
Offered by One World is Enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and snuggly, 13 Jun 2014
This is warm and snuggly and not only does my 3 year old like it, so does everyone else! It's perfect for camping and festival evenings.

Vitabiotics Wellkid Soft Burst Capsules - 60 Capsules
Vitabiotics Wellkid Soft Burst Capsules - 60 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with our 3yo, 13 Jun 2014
My 3 year old loves these and reminds me if we forget to give him one each day! It's a rubbery chewy capsule rather than a chewy but he seems to like that.

Paradox Omega 3, 6 and 9 Babies 105ml
Paradox Omega 3, 6 and 9 Babies 105ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes unpleasant, 13 Jun 2014
To say this is tasteless is a lie. Fortunately I was buying this fir my tubefed daughter so she doesn't have to try it but my 3 yo tried it and made the best disgusted face, it's pretty unpleasant.

Creative Toys : Wooden Threading Lacing Mouse and Cheese
Creative Toys : Wooden Threading Lacing Mouse and Cheese
Offered by Otherland

3.0 out of 5 stars Unpainted, 13 Jun 2014
I thought this was painted as it looks like it in the picture but actually it's plain unpainted wood. Not a problem if that's what I was expecting but the picture doesn't look like pale unpainted wood, the cheese looks yellow and there us a version I'd seen that was painted do presumed the same one.

THG Flexible 16.4 ft Switchback RGB Mixed Colors 150 SMD 5050 LED Strip Lights + IR Remote Control Receiver
Offered by THG LIMITED

1.0 out of 5 stars No plug or adaptor, 25 April 2014
Not only did this item take weeks to arrive, it wasn't clear it was coming from China, it arrived with no plug and no adapter that it needs so we now have to fit those.

Go with one of the many other suppliers of the same product here on Amazon, is my advice. Tracking details were also in Chinese, very useful! Not!

Complete Tubefeeding: Everything you need to know about tubefeeding, tube nutrition, and blended diets
by Eric Aadhaar O'Gorman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous easy read, 3 Feb 2013
Our tubie is 5mo and has an ng-tube as she can't swallow, she has cp, she'll be having a gastrostomy soon and I bought this book as I want her to have real food, not artificial food so was keen on learning about a blended diet. It's so much more, it's got us thinking about all sorts of things regarding her tube and diet that we hadn't thought of before and SUCH and easy read, my husband and I both highly recommend it to any tubie and parent/carer of a tubie!

Brother Max One Touch 3-in-1 Digital Thermometer
Brother Max One Touch 3-in-1 Digital Thermometer

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously innacurate, 19 Mar 2012
I've been concerned about this thermometer for a little while but when our son was clearly feverish this thermometer read 36.4, we took him to A&E where he had a febrile convulsion and had a temp of 40.5. I would highly recommend avoiding it even though it does look cool.

It will make a good toy for a child's pretend doctor kit but that's it.

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
by La Leche League International

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful book, not just for New Mums, 11 May 2011
This book is a really emotive read for any breastfeeding Mum, and is great for breastfeeding Mums of all ages, not just new Mums as it has relevant sections from birth to 2+.

Be warned, it had me crying within seconds of opening the pages that relate to the age of my baby.

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
by Gina Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Mums, 10 May 2011
When I was pregnant, I read this book and thought, "yeah, that makes sense", then I became a Mum and I was enlightened.

This book is not for caring Mums who want their children to grow into well-balanced adults, it is for Mums who are just going through the motions of producing offspring. Those and Nannies who have no incentive to see the children in their care turn into beautiful adults.

My baby is now almost 9 months old and I really wished I'd spent my time while pregnant reading books such as The Attachment Parenting Book (Sears Parenting Library), which I came across around week 5, life in the early weeks would have been so much easier!

This book does not make 'contented little babies', it makes babies who don't cry because they don't think there is any point, which is not what I want from my child, instead buy The Science of Parenting and make an informed decision on how to raise your baby. Every parent-to-be and parent should read The Science of Parenting, if they read nothing else.

Had I know then what I know now, there is no way I would have even considered letting this book into my house, never mind the wasted hours I spent reading it in my last few months of quiet before baby arrived and if I could prevent it entering your house then I would. I hate that so many children's potential is being hampered thanks to this book, it's such a huge loss.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2011 5:05 PM BST

Creative Vegetable Gardening
Creative Vegetable Gardening
by Joy Larkcom

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Feb 2006
If you're a creative person, and have a veg garden, then this book is for you.
It offers great inspiration on making the vegetable garden look good, getting away from the traditional straight lines, what to put with what in terms of textures and colours among other aspects, and how to create dramatic effects in the potager.
Lovely book.