Profile for S. Sukumar > Reviews

Flavours of southern India
Flavours of southern India
by Rani Kushalappa

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable addition to the cook shelf, 20 Oct. 2015
This is a go to book for the budding Indian chef. Easy to follow recipes with delicious results. I have a variety of Indian cookbooks and I find myself reaching for this one more often than not. Highly recommended.

A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Finally...it all wraps up!, 28 April 2013
I started reading this epic series in the early 90's and have been in turned frustrated, bored and then just determined to see this through come hell or high water. I suspect this was my overwhelming drive when I read this - I just wanted to know how it finished. Alas, the entire series led to essentially 900 plus pages of battle tactics and war (was I naive to expect something more?). While interesting to a point (Sanderson has masterful control over the battles raging) it became quite painful. The heart of the book is Rand's quest and a ludicrous proposition to defeat the Dark Lord. To be human is to understand the raging battle between our good nature and our inherent evil. Kay and Martin are true masters at brining this to the fore, but the scope of WOT have left the characters stretched thin, left to perform their final functions in a mechanistic fashion. Its a necessary read, not a fantastic one.

Ben-Hur [1959] [DVD]
Ben-Hur [1959] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston

1.0 out of 5 stars Ben Hur 1959 DVD, 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Ben-Hur [1959] [DVD] (DVD)
Has anyone had problems with this DVD? Bought this as an Christmas present for my parents who informed me on Christmas Day that the movie does not play in full - no opening credits and the key scene - the procession and the tile slipping was NOT in the film. Perplexing and rather put out by the experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2011 10:22 PM GMT