Profile for The Fro > Reviews

Content by The Fro

The Fro (Leeds)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hold On Until Your Fingers Break (Tales of the Unusual Book 1)
Hold On Until Your Fingers Break (Tales of the Unusual Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, original and surprisingly moving, 20 Jun. 2015
Feels like we've waited a long time for this but pleased to say it was well worth it. It's hard to review the book without revealing too much of the plot but those who have read Luke Smitherd books before will not be disappointed to hear it utilises on his usual mindbending skills at creating a believable parallel universe. This novella also has a lot of heart and I was surprised by how moved I was when I finished it. Another page turner, I finished it in one sitting. If you haven't read any of Smitherd's books before, get stuck in. And if you have you'll not be disappointed with this latest addition.

Marscraft Pro
Marscraft Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY🙅, 10 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Marscraft Pro (App)
It says it's free but when you get on it's £2.50 to play.😭🙅😖 And as a kid I say you shouldn't buy it.

Frozen Icy Slushy Maker - Kids Ice Dessert Game Free
Frozen Icy Slushy Maker - Kids Ice Dessert Game Free

2.0 out of 5 stars don't get it, 27 May 2015
You can get to the part where you put the slushy in then it kicks you out of the game.😖

Nod
Nod

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and thought provoking, 4 April 2015
This review is from: Nod (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Very original premise and difficult to put down. Not for the feint hearted though, it's very tense and downright creepy.

In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story
In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reading, 2 April 2015
Nice to see the brilliant Black Room series all in one place. Very imaginative, great characters and a cracking plot. Can't recommend it enough. If you haven't already read it, dive in... fantastic stuff!

Facebook
Facebook

2.0 out of 5 stars Well outdated, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Facebook (App)
Very poor compared to Android and iOS versions, click links and have to go through the clunky Silk browser. Get it updated Amazon!

M-Audio Axiom AIR 25 | 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Pad Controller with Software Including Ableton Live Lite and Ignite by AIR

4.0 out of 5 stars Great... Once it's working!, 15 Jan. 2015
Took a while to get the hypercontrols working and the support from m - audio was useless, hence 4 stars. Was going to send it back and then had a breakthrough and it works like a dream. I'm using cubase elements 7 and basically when you install the hypercontrol software it makes a new cubase 7 folder. Shift the file into the cubase elements folder and your off! Shame the support couldn't tell me this - Glad I didn't return it now cos it's great!

First Strike 1.2
First Strike 1.2

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: First Strike 1.2 (App)
Cracking game! Reminds me a bit of a faster paced Plague Inc. You've got to adopt a different tactic with each different country you play as which gives it some depth. Hope they add updates or new levels in the future so I can keep playing after I've finished it.

Plex
Plex

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Plex (App)
I've been looking for a decent way to stream stuff between my devices using a laptop as my media server and this delivers good and proper! Had it installed for a good 6 weeks now and not encountered any problems. Was pretty easy to get going and the UI is nice enough that my wife and kids can use it with no bother at all. Liked it so much I've even signed up for a pass, and I don't part easily with my cash! Some of the apps don't have any content available but this seems to be very much down to the providers rather than a problem with Plex. Can't fault it really - top marks!

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video

3.0 out of 5 stars Still no chromecast, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
Nice to see it on android but still no chromecast or dlna support. Come on Amazon, pull your finger out! Cutting off your noses to spite your face will only lose you customers in the long run.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3