Profile for Mr. R. Howitt > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Howitt

Mr. R. Howitt "fivebob" (brighton uk)

Forever Black Bumper & Trim Cleaner & Reconditioner Dye Kit
Forever Black Bumper & Trim Cleaner & Reconditioner Dye Kit
Offered by Roaduserdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars forever black tips!, 27 May 2013
I have just used this product on a very shabby and sad looking Fiat Multipla, so lots of plastic to renovate.

From experience, I did nothing to all the plastic trim over the winter, this helped to remove what was left of all the old silicone products used before, so looked bleached and awful.

Used the cleaner as suggested and then let it dry...simple.

Now to apply, do not use the silly shoe polish type applicator on the top, it just makes bubbles and streaks....I bought a pack of foam brushes, used for kids painting from the £1 shop, so a good variety of sizes, for tricky bits of the trim.

Remove the foam applicator on top of the bottle and pour a little at a time of the dye into a beaker, be prepared to throw this away as the dye will stain.

Dip brushes in and apply the same as if using a stain on a fence, so do not overload, so it drips everywhere! you will get the hang of how much as you go round the car.

Ideally mask paintwork, this stuff will stick like glue, I had to use white spirits on a few spots and it took a while to remove, so be mindful of this.

Using the brush you will give a more uniform coverage, which should require just a light second coat, it dries really fast on a warm day and I even managed to use in full sun (yes full sun in the U.K!!!)

If you do hit a patch of plastic that seems to reject the dye, I just wiped it away with a rag and white spirits to clean off a possible bit of old silicone, then washed with what was left in the cleaner fluid bucket and dried, then applied dye no problems.

Do not rush and avoid runs these will stick out like a sore thumb!!

The results are amazing!!! all that remains is to see how long this lasts and how to maintain,so time will tell...but as a product such a difference from all those expensive silicone treatments that last a few weeks...even my faithful Autoglym.

Lastly, for me I ended up using the whole bottle! so if you have a Multipla do not expect to do another 2/3 cars.

I hope this helps!

Traditional Jewish Papercuts: An Inner World of Art and Symbol
Traditional Jewish Papercuts: An Inner World of Art and Symbol
by Joseph Shadur

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 1 Jan 2010
This book is absolutely full of beautiful pictures and facts and information. Very well put together. A great research tool for me and a pleasure to read. Strongly recommend for anyone interested in this beautiful art.

Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story)
Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story)
by Valerie Wilding
Edition: Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series of Stories! Highly recommend!, 1 Jan 2010
This is a great book to read, very clever to combine a story with lots of history.
I strongly recommend this series of My Story books. All of them are absolutely great for both girls and boys. Very cleverly written they include lots of actual history facts within the story itself. This is a great way to compliment the learning of history at school. We have enjoyed immensely the whole of the series of the My Story books, even a couple of the ones "Boys" ones.
Without a doubt you will enjoy reading these books as both my daughter and I did!

Small Wooden Junior Tool Kit
Small Wooden Junior Tool Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Jan 2010
This review is from: Small Wooden Junior Tool Kit (Toy)
This is a great tool box, perfect for either boys or girls. Our daughter loves it and cannot wait to get some wood and nails and get creative. Very nicely put together. Some of the little sliding bits to hold the tools in place have broken off, but could easily be glued back on. Overall very good value and just what we wanted. I strongly recommend.

Barbie Let's All Party
Barbie Let's All Party
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Music compilation, 1 Jan 2010
This review is from: Barbie Let's All Party (Audio CD)
This music compilation is ok. did not have some of the tracks I thought it would, the more recent popular ones, but my daughter loves the cd and is happy with it, so that's what matters!