Profile for Coincidence Vs Fate > Reviews

Content by Coincidence Vs...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 244

Coincidence Vs Fate
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lower East Men's Turtle-Neck Jumper, blue, L
Lower East Men's Turtle-Neck Jumper, blue, L

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soft turtleneck, 26 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely feeling turtleneck and very soft. I'm pretty...er..chunky...and I thought size large would fit me fine. It does fit although it is a little tight so i wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this on its own but nore than happy to wear this under a light coat or jumper.

The turtleneck is well made and feels very luxurious and more expensive than it actually is.

Lovely item just think carefully about the size you order.

Bond SATs Skills Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook: 10-11 years
Bond SATs Skills Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook: 10-11 years
by Michellejoy Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars The Name's Bond...., 18 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My Year 5 son is really struggling with all aspects of schoolwork at the moment and we plan on arranging some extra out-of-school tuition to help him. After all, there is only 18 months before he starts secondary school so we need to something for him as soon as we can.

As a stop-gap we've introduced him to these Bond SATs Skills books; we have three. This, spelling and vocabulary.

This spelling book is well-laid out and explains concepts easily and in bite-sized chunks which is particularly important for someone like my son who likes to learn in a visual way.

He does have a weekly spelling test at school and I can definitely see an improvement in his marks since we started working through this book.

ETTG S2 Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor Bluetooth Smartwatch for IOS Android System Smartphone - Silver
Offered by ETTG

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Smart Watch, 18 Mar. 2016
I tested a few Chinese Smart Watches a year or so ago in the £20-£30 category and to be honest they were pretty poor quality and not very user friendly.

Although this GT88 is priced much higher I still didn’t expect much but I was pleasantly surprised at what a quality watch it is.
I’ve tended to avoid “real” smart watches from the large manufacturers as basically I can’t really justify the cost for something that really isn’t essential to my everyday life.

This watch from Chinese manufacturer ETTG comes packaged in a plain white box with the words “Smart Watch” printed on the top. I like things nicely packaged I think it gives a good first impression, but really as long as the item inside works well then I don’t suppose it really matters. The box contains the watch, a charging lead (more about that later), four tiny screws, a screwdriver and a screen protector.

The watch paired easily with my Note 4 and I didn’t need to consult the included instruction manual. The manual is supplied in English and Chinese and it’s very informative although the writing is pretty small and I struggled to read it even with my reading glasses on. Luckily, most steps – such as correcting the time and date – are fairly straightforward and no one who is used to a smart phone would struggle to set up the watch.

The watch can take its own SIM if needed and also a MicroSD to boost storage capacity, but I didn’t bother with either of these. However, if you do wish to insert a SIM or a card then you’ll need to use the included screwdriver to remove the back of the watch. It’s fairly easy to do; I just did it to see what was inside…

The strap is plastic and feels fine and the watch itself isn’t too weighty. The screen is very good and such an improvement on those cheaper smart watches.

You can choose between several watch faces and I would hope that more can be installed but as yet haven’t looked at that. The manual handily lists all the icons on your watch and what each one does. Some are obvious, some not so.

When paired I can call from the watch, send texts, listen to music, etc. Also included are the usual chesnuts such as pedometer, stop watch, etc.
The watch charges with a bespoke cable with four contacts – magnitized – which attaches to the back of the phone. This is the only disappointment for me as I’m going to be really worried about losing the lead. I would have much preferred a microUSB, but really that’s a small niggle.

This watch is fantastic value for the money and really does improve on those cheaper Chinese watches. Highly recommended.

This watch was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review. I genuinely believe this is a five-star product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TP-LINK TL-SG1005D V6 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 17 Mar. 2016
I have 200mb Virgin Fibre and my Hub only has four ports which h a ve c as ll been used up thanks to our smart tv, PS4, Android TV box and our TIVO. I wanted to use some powerline adapters to ensure a new smart tv in my son's room works without issue as it's too far away from our router. We also live in an old house so the walls are too thick for Wifi.

As I'd run out of ports this TP-Link seemed the ideal solution. It's dead simple to set up. I just took out one of the ethernet cables from my hub and plugged it into the switch. Then ran a cable from the switch into the router and finally plugged in the power.

Thirty seconds, job done.

Fantastic bit of kit.

Conbrov® T9 1080p Full Hd Car Dash Cam Driving Video Camera Vehicle DVR Recorder Black Box Backup Dashboard
Offered by Jasmine Conbrov Elec

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Cam, 16 Mar. 2016
There are a bewildering number of Dash Cams for sale on Amazon and other outlets so it really is a bit of a minefield trying to find one that suits.

This Conbrov T9 Full HD cam is very small; the smallest Cam I've tried and I have to admit I was a little disappointed at first. However, once I'd charged it for half an hour or so and stuck it in the car I realised that size isn't everything.

Because it's so small I have used the supplied suction cup and stuck it behind my rear view mirror so I can forget it's even there. Another bonus is as it is so small it doesn't become a distraction on your windscreen.

As with all these cams (unless you're lucky) this doesn't come with an microSD but I have plenty lying around. I used the cam on full 1080p HD and my spare 8GB card indicated I would get around 45 mins full HD video recording. Probably not a lot if I was going to use it regularly, but I could always either lower the video quality or stick a bigger card in; I've yet to decide that.

Setup was a breeze really. Although the buttons are small, it is easy to navigate the menus and set preferences such as video quality, time, date, etc.

Recording is easy (although annoyingly the cam starts recording as soon as it is turned on) and the quality I have to say is excellent.

I've not had any issues with the cam. It is made from plastic but seems robust enough. Pleased with it.

This item was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five-Star Box (Just Update Apps First!), 9 Mar. 2016
I’ve been lucky enough to test a few Android TV boxes and this, I would say, is probably the pick of the bunch.
The packaging is premium, which makes a good first impression; nicely boxed and snugly packed away.

First impressions of the box itself is also very good. So many of these boxes are plasticky and a little nasty, but this is a lovely little item and comes in black brushed metal. I have attached some pictures to my review, but really the pictures don’t do it justice.

You can use the box via wifi (both 2.5 and 5 G flavours) or via LAN. On boxes I’ve had in the past I’ve always gone down the LAN route as the wifi hasn’t been up to much. However, this T9 box seems to have great Wifi and I’ve streamed content whilst connected wirelessly without any freezing or buffering at all. A bonus if your router doesn’t have many LAN ports.

As for the software on the box. It’s Android 5 and seems stable enough. I managed to log into my Google Play account and easily downloaded apps I’ve had on previous boxes. Being Android it’s familiar and easy to use.

Kodi seemed pretty unstable on this box and I had to update as it was unusable, crashing and freezing the box. A few apps seemed to cause similar issues, but I just updated everything I could and things settled down.

Now, this has become my Android box of choice, the quad core processor ensures there’s no lag and apps open more or less instantly.
A great, well-made box. Just make sure you update the apps before use.

This item was sent to me by the manufacturer for an honest appraisal and review. This did not affect my view as I genuinely think this is a five-star product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bond SATs Skills: Grammar and Punctuation Workbook: 10-11 years
Bond SATs Skills: Grammar and Punctuation Workbook: 10-11 years
by Michellejoy Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Concise, 8 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We are using this as a little "extra" for our nine year old son to supplement his learning at school and also sessions at Explore Learning. We have decided to do some extra curricular work as he is struggling with some of the concepts of grammar and punctuation so decided he needed some extra practice.

These Bond books are very good and are designed to be written in, although we have photocopied various pages and let him practice on the photocopies. We can then use the book more regularly rather than just a one off.

Some of the activities seem a little hard for me, but then again I went to school in the 70s, which is probably why.

Recommended

Lightning to USB Cable [Apple MFI Certified] GGMM® Apple Charging Flat Cable Sync Data Transfer Line 3.3ft Lenghth with Durable Metal Heads and Connectors for iPhone 6s/6s plus/iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5, iPad mini 4, iPod-Lifetime warranty, Sky Grey
Offered by GGMM GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, 8 Mar. 2016
Problem is with cheaper cabled they are not MFI certified so don't sync and charge your Apple device. In fact, in the past I've received cables that are supposed to charge and sync, but don't.

This cable is a little different, not only does it charge and sync beautifully, and every time, it it a grey ribbon cable so appears "flat". It makes such a change from the usual white cables. I have loads of these white cables and after a while tend to forget which are the "good" ones and which aren't. There will be no confusing this cable.

It is the standard 3ft length and its easy just to stick it in a laptop bag. We keep this in the car as my son tends to use his iPad in there whilst we are travelling around. So far it has been resistive to his tugs and pulls if he catches it under his seat, etc and has continued to work perfectly.

Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300 Ultra Small PC (Black) - (Intel Atom Z3735F, 2Gb RAM, 32Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT, Windows 10 Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five-Star Fantastic!, 4 Mar. 2016
We wanted a cheap laptop for my son’s bedroom so he can do his homework (and play the odd game of Minecraft). Due to the size of his room we couldn't have a desktop and even a laptop wouldn't have been ideal. We then discovered this little beauty and it is the best £70 (thanks to Amazon Daily Deals) I have ever spent.

The stick is small, though still larger than your usual memory stick/pen drive. It is portable and is possible to carry it around in your pocket or laptop bag and as long as you have access to a monitor and mouse/keyboard then it would certainly be good enough for the road.

As it’s small and cheap it obviously isn’t up to the rigours of playing the latest games, but the aforementioned Minecraft performed well.

We’ve only been using it since this morning, and so far I’ve installed OpenOffice, Spotify, Minecraft and a few other things and all have worked perfectly fine, even HD video from YouTube. However, I found using the installed Edge browser gave a much more satisfactory performance than Chrome when viewing full-screen YouTube content, so we’ll stick to Edge. The small 32GB internal memory would soon we used up so we stuck in a spare 32GB card from an old phone to double the size.

The device was a doddle to install, just stuck it in the back of the HDMI port on the back of the tele in his bedroom. We used the supplied HDMI extension as his television is quite close to the wall. The cable is quite short, so you may need to purchase another. Boot time is quick. You can use a wired keyboard as the unit has one USB or a Bluetooth keyboard if you prefer, but we used a Wireless Logitech K400 Plus and it works brilliantly with the built-in touchpad.

It really is like using a “real” PC mainly because it IS a real PC, just incredibly small.

The Lenovo Stick is excellent and works well as long as your expectation matches the price tag. Do not expect an all-singing, all dancing PC. However, if you want to surf, email, watch Netflix and play stuff from Spotify then this could be the PC for you. We have a couple of Android TV boxes in our house and this easily outperforms those, so chances are we’ll be getting others in the future.

The only issue I had was swiftly sorted so I didn't mark down the PC but it is something to be aware of. On first use I was unable to use Edge or get into Settings as I was getting an error stating that "the trial period for this app has expired". A quick search seemed to suggest this sometimes happens when upgrading from W8.1 to W10, so I presume these sticks were originally loaded with 8.1 and then upgraded before shipment. I had to go into Powershell and do some poking about. However, not everyone is going to be able to do that, so it's something to be aware of.

Even after that hiccup, I can’t recommend this enough. Brilliant.

Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape: A World Book Day title
Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape: A World Book Day title
by Cavan Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Rip-Roaring Star Wars Adventure, 4 Mar. 2016
Got this for my Star Wars mad nine-year-old son to take to school, although unfortunately it didn't turn up on time. Great service from Amazon though to rectify.

Anyway, this book fits in nicely to the Star Wars' "extended universe" and it set at the conclusion of the Clone Wars after the dreaded Order 66.

This story centres around Milo and Lina Graf who seem to be on permanent holiday travelling round the galaxy with their parents. All seems to be going swimmingly until they are kidnapped by the Empire.

It's a great, rip-roaring read full of adventure and set in the Star Wars universe, so what is not to love!

It's only a quid too, which is such a bargain. I'm a librarian and this is a great way to introduce your kids to the world of reading.

Don't forget though everyday can be a book day, not just one day in March!

May the Force be with you

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20