Profile for Michael > Reviews

Clinical Clerking: A Short Introduction to Clinical Skills
by T. Sherwood
Price: 23.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Paramedic review, 9 April 2013
This is a great book, if a little outdated now. It gives pertinent information for patient interview and appropriate clinical documentation. Definitely recommended.

Red Book: 2006 Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (Red Book: American Academy of Pediatrics)
by Larry K. Pickering
Price: 58.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Paramedic review, 9 April 2013
This is a great book, well worth the money. It clearly explains pertinent information regarding infectious paediatric conditions with an appropriate level of detail. This book does cover a vast number of conditions, the knowledge requirement for which is well beyond my requirements.

Cardiac Arrest: The Science and Practice of Resuscitation Medicine
Cardiac Arrest: The Science and Practice of Resuscitation Medicine
by Norman A. Paradis
Price: 152.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Every paramedic should read this, 9 April 2013
This is a great book, well researched and presented. Everyone likely to run a cardiac arrest, particularly paramedics should at least flick through this book. UKRC/ERC guidelines are great but present limited information e.g. re aetiology or management of special circumstances and this bridges that gap.

Capnography, King of the ABC's: A Systematic Approach for Paramedics
Capnography, King of the ABC's: A Systematic Approach for Paramedics
by Troy Valente
Price: 7.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Student paramedic, 27 Oct 2011
This is a good little book, aimed specifically at paramedics. It has something for everyone and is well laid out.

Rosen and Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult (5-minute Consult Series)
by Jeffrey Schaider
Price: 59.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Student paramedic, 27 Oct 2011
This is a fantastic book, providing information on an inordinate number of conditions. The only downsides are that it was brought out prior to the 2005 AHA/ERC resus changes and that it is written for an American audience. That being said, it is still a great text, I thoroughly recommend it.

Kodak Genuine 30BXL Ink Cartridge - Black (670 Pages)
Kodak Genuine 30BXL Ink Cartridge - Black (670 Pages)
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine product, 27 Oct 2011
This seems to be a great product, I believe it is genuine and it works well in my printer. I would definitely buy this cartridge from here again.

Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology with Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM
by Elaine N. Marieb

3.0 out of 5 stars Student paramedic, 27 Oct 2011
I am a university student paramedic and this is our core textbook for A&P. I have recently discovered through a medical student friend that the same authors do a larger version which is obviously far more comprehensive. I did feel that this book was lacking some crucial details which I had to research from other text books I own. Buy the larger version.

Carabiner Sport Watch, Multi Functional with Compass
Carabiner Sport Watch, Multi Functional with Compass

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 17 Oct 2011
I bought this instead of a fob watch and it has never been used. It is much larger than I expected, rather unsightly and does not keep time (has lost 6hrs since I first set it a few months ago). Don't be a cheapskate like me and buy something decent the first time!

Belkin PRO Series USB Extension Cable - USB extender - 4 PIN USB Type A (M) - 4 PIN USB Type A (F) - 1.8 m ( USB / Hi-Speed USB )
Offered by Genuine Parts Direct
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone charger extension, 17 Oct 2011
I bought this to extend my iPhone charger length so I didn't have to hang off my bed to use my phone while it is charging and it works perfectly. Great quality cable.

Sanders' Paramedic Textbook, 1e
Sanders' Paramedic Textbook, 1e
by Pete Gregory BSc(Hons) Cert Ed Para

5.0 out of 5 stars Student paramedic, 17 Oct 2011
As a student paramedic, we have different lecturers suggesting a variety of text books to us with out core text book being Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care In the Street. Personally I feel that this Sanders book is the most complete text book available for students and paramedics. It is a very comprehensive text which covers everything from ethics to intubation. There are less glossy pictures than Nancy Caroline (but still more than enough) but I feel the content is far superior to anything else on the market.
Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in paramedic practice.

Page: 1 | 2