Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for amnagi > Reviews

Content by amnagi

"amnagi"

The Broken God (Requiem for Homo Sapiens)
The Broken God (Requiem for Homo Sapiens)
by David Zindell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply A CLASSIC, 20 Nov. 2002
English is not my first language but still I somehow managed to lift a book this much thick from the rack and after reading synopsis on its backcover immediately decide to buy it. Its synopsis reminded me of another great book James A. Michener's "THE SOURCE" It seemed to me as if this book is somehow a sequel to 'The Source'.
Broken God has a mystic-philosophical touch on every page, The weaving of scientific facts with fantasy is almost beleivable, And most importantly its characters belong to different cultures and have different ethnic, social and religious backgrounds. This diversity makes it very rich in social content and introduces reader to terms and words of different languages.
Almost all advanced scientific ideas are touched and used beautifully, I found almost each and every paragraph very thought provoking and full of philosophical wisdom, a strange sense of mystery and exploration kept on driving me to finish it at my earliest. When I was reding it I felt like becoming a part of a greater reality which I had never known.
Hats off for David Zindell.