Profile for A. Elliott > Reviews

Content by A. Elliott

A. Elliott

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Skittles Bulk Bag (1600g Bag)
Skittles Bulk Bag (1600g Bag)
Offered by Chocolate Buttons

3.0 out of 5 stars cheaper in the supermarkets, 13 Jan. 2015
I bought this a couple of times, loads of skittles, love them. Then I did some maths and realised that I can actually buy 1740g of these from Tesco for less than a tenner.

can't fault the product though, it's skittles, so whats not to like?.

Eleaf iStick. Newly launched. Packing 20w yet fits in the palm of your hand with room to spare. At 75mm*21mm*32.8mm it is a very small and light mod with 2200mAh battery which can be used as passthrough as well. 510/eGo fitting including adapter too. Kit does not include atomizer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
Great device, but not at this rip off price. Available elsewhere for £29.99.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

Perky-Pet 462-6 Upright Window Mounted Wild Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet 462-6 Upright Window Mounted Wild Bird Feeder

1.0 out of 5 stars summer use only, 11 Oct. 2014
works a treat and the suckers hold this tight.

Got in on the shed window and after a few days the birds started using it.

Base is big enough that they can have a rest and a good feed, the base is also large enough that 3 starlings can sit and feed, although it only has two feeder holes it provides a nice feeding tray that also means not much wastage onto the ground.

Update 5 November

Having had this up in some wet autumn weather I've altered the review to reflect the fact that the seed gets wet somehow and clogs up the feeder holes so eventually the birds stop using it. I was using that seed specifically designed for robins and finches and this does tend to be finer so it may not have been much of an issue using courser seed. It is now down and no longer in use which is a shame as the Robin that visited tended to use it as it is very cautious and tends to stay away from the sparrows and other birds. I've ordered a Meripac window feeder to see if this is any use...can't have my Robin visitor going hungry with winter approaching.

Review changed from 5 stars to 1 star.

Swarovski Women's Bracelet 1082754
Swarovski Women's Bracelet 1082754

3.0 out of 5 stars no wow factor, 22 Mar. 2014
When I opened the box I didn't go wow, that's wonderful. When I showed this to a female work colleague she described it as "very pretty."

The catch is awkward and impossible to use without assistance, the crystals are sized as you'd expect and as per the picture, the bracelet is not overly shiny and quite petite.

Problem with it though is that it's just pretty, to me it isn't beautiful, gorgeous, glamorous or stunning. For the money I don't think its good enough so it's getting returned but I would advise you to consider this to finish off maybe a wedding outfit or to wear at a dinner or cocktail party.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Atkins Endulge Milk Chocolate 30 g Low Carb Crisp Bars - 15-Pack
Atkins Endulge Milk Chocolate 30 g Low Carb Crisp Bars - 15-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars sure its not a sin?, 30 Jan. 2014
I love these bars.They are expensive though so I added them to a subscription to benefit from the 15% off to make them more affordable.

When you first open one it does look and feel like a thin bar for the money but don't be put off, a bite into it and a taste of the chocolate and the crunch of the chip will make it worthwhile. It's tough low carbing, boring almost and when you need a pick me up and long for a taste of something you thought would be forbidden forever then these satisfy that craving.

The chocolate does linger as you chew and the crispy bits are delicious, relax with a coffee and you forget its a low carb treat, it really is that good. In my opinion this is the best of the Endulge range simply because it is satisfying and kills any craving you have for something sweet and so keeps you on track. They are very moreish though so be careful.

Atkins Day Break Chocolate Chip Crisp Bars Pack of 5 x 37g
Atkins Day Break Chocolate Chip Crisp Bars Pack of 5 x 37g
Offered by 123 Health Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars okay for elevenses, 30 Jan. 2014
I thought I try these for a change from my usual Atkins chocolate chip bar for the mid morning coffee break. Have to say they're not too bad. Quite weighty, lasts about 5 bites or more if you nibble and taste good. I would say that they have fair amount of chocolate chips throughout with a solid chocolate base and a string of chocolate drizzle along the length of the bar.

These are much lower in sugar than my usual chocolate chip bar at 0.4g as opposed to 1.5g for the choc chip, however, they have slightly higher carb content and have 12g of protein. Didn't feel quite as satisfying as the choc chip ones but did keep hunger away until lunchtime.

Recommended for a change and for during the day as marketed, If you want a chcolate treat though while watching a movie there are more satisfying Atkins bars available.

Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g)
Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g)
Offered by Sarahs Coffee Company

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for coffee machines, 30 Jan. 2014
I got my first tub of this after venturing into coffee making. I used this to clean the group head and flush the system. I also used this to clean the stainless steel of the machine. However, it also cleans the inside of mugs and cups and easily removes the staining you get from coffee and tea use. It will clean or your stainless steel cutlery and even your kitchen sink. Just fill the sink with water, add some of this into it, place your cutlery in it and go have a rest for 30 -60 minutes while it works its magic.

I also used it recently on the hob which worked well, though next time I'll try and work it more into a paste. It left the steel streak free after drying and got most of the marks out.

Highly recommended, doesn't smell of any harsh chemicals, leaves cleaned products easy to rinse and in my opinion is a must have in any kitchen whether you have a coffee machine or not.

The tub will last months in a normal household kitchen so that must make it one of the cheapest cleaning products around.

Riesen Dark Chocolate Chewy Toffee 135 g (Pack of 15)
Riesen Dark Chocolate Chewy Toffee 135 g (Pack of 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM YUM, 19 Dec. 2013
These toffees are fantastic. They don't taste too syrupy, sugary or fudgy. The dark chocolate makes it a perfect combination, think cadbury chocolate eclair in reverse x10 without the teeth numbing sweetness and you won't be close to how good these are. I'm going to chill some until the chocolate hardens then I'm going to let one sit in my mouth until I overdose on the rush of endorphins.

Btw poundstretcher sell these a pound a bag but never seem to have 15 bags left so ideal that I can get my monthly fix at 15% off.

Trespass Men's Unlikely Gilet
Trespass Men's Unlikely Gilet
Price: £17.44 - £21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightly padded, 18 Dec. 2013
Not sure what I expected given the description "lightly padded" but I was disappointed with the thickness of this. It's not overly expensive but even so, it could be doing with more insulation. I can't imagine what weather this would be worn in, certainly not the winter months, maybe very early Autumn and early Spring. Given the light weight of this you could even wear it on a cool summers evening in the garden with a t.shirt underneath ;)

SAS Nutrition Dishwasher Proof Shaker Cup 750ml - Black/Silver
SAS Nutrition Dishwasher Proof Shaker Cup 750ml - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 16 Dec. 2013
This is my second one of these, I decided to ditch the Lucozade sport one as it started to annoy me with stopper always hitting my face when I took a drink. This one doesn't have a stopper but a screw top so I have more confidence when shaking it vigorously that the stopper won't pop off and send the contents everywhere.

I read a review that recommended the white one because of the measurements being inside the bottle, I actually never noticed this or have a need for it as I weigh the liquid and the powder but you may want to consider this if buying.

After several months of use the transfer does start to wear off, it's not unique to this product as the Lucozade sport one has all but vanished and smudged as well, I would say though that because this is black, it doesn't look old where as the clear Lucozade one does look a little ancient. Obviously this doesn't prevent either product working but if looks are important then this may be worth considering.

Never had a problem with lumps using this, liquid in first, then powder, put the plastic holed thing in place, lid on and shake. Easy as that.Great price and looks the part.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6