Profile for East Anglian male > Reviews

Content by East Anglian male

East Anglian male "East Anglian male" (UK)

My Grandfather's Eyes (psychological drama/suspense)
My Grandfather's Eyes (psychological drama/suspense)

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the reader interested and engaged, 13 Nov 2012
I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are well imagined and the plot is engrossing. I recommend this to anyone who likes a character-driven mystery. It makes you under what sort of life the author has led!

Apple Camera Connection Kit MC531ZM/A for Apple iPad [PC] (Not compatible with iPad 3, 4 or iPad mini)
Offered by Online queen

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 Jan 2011
This works well with all the devices that I have tried, including Sanyo VPC-CG100EXW-B Xacti CG100 Full HD Dual Camcorder with 14M Photos and HDMI - White, from which it will happily import and play video.

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 200 Meter Chronograph Sport Watch #AT0660-56E
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 200 Meter Chronograph Sport Watch #AT0660-56E

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch, fantastic value, 3 Mar 2010
I'm very happy with the watch which arrived yesterday.

Everyone who has seen it has been impressed.

The face is large and the hand and hour markings are brightly luminous which makes it easy to read.

I had two bracelet links removed which brought the weight to 104g.

Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray Disc Player - Black
Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray Disc Player - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for less than a week, 21 Dec 2009
I bought this Blu-Ray player to go with the Samsung TV I recently bought. I chose a Samsung player as I am happy with the TV and was hoping that I could use one controller for both.

I updated the player to the latest firmware before starting by plugging into a spare network port on my router and it slowly but surely downloaded the firmware and installed it successfully.

I then connected it to my TV and 5.1 channel decoder - I had to read the manual to find out that I needed to 'downsample' the audio so my decoder could understand it.

All was well for a few days - Blu Ray discs and even DVDs looked and sounded superb - but then it stopped working. There was no video signal at all and the display on the front just stuck.

Things I tried:
I unplugged the power.
I tried a different disc.
I used a different screen
I attempted a factory reset following the procedure in the manual.

After several attempts at each I phoned Amazon who offered me a refund and a collection. :-)

I have now bought a Sony Blu-Ray player.

Griffin Elan Form 6210-ITELNFMB - Hard-Shell Leather Case For iPod Touch
Griffin Elan Form 6210-ITELNFMB - Hard-Shell Leather Case For iPod Touch

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical high quality Griffin product, 19 Sep 2008
I've been buying Griffin products since buying my first iPod a few years ago and I always seek them out because of their quality and style and so far I've not been disappointed.

This case protects the iPod Touch from damage but doesn't add too much bulk. It's a thin, high quality leather layer that's moulded over a polycarbonate shell. There is a back and a front which clip together and a film which sticks onto the screen (not adhesive but like the sort that sticks to windows).

All the ports and buttons are easily accessible, although if you want to play music through a dock then you'll have to remove the case first, but this isn't difficult and is common to all cases.

I recommend it.

Sony LCS-HA Soft Case for DSC-H2/H1
Sony LCS-HA Soft Case for DSC-H2/H1

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bag for Sony DSC-H2, 18 Sep 2006
Very lightweight, robust and just big enough for Sony DSC-H2.

I'm still using it two years after I bought it and it shows no sign of wear.

Wireless Access Point Router w/ 4-Port Switch 802.11g
Wireless Access Point Router w/ 4-Port Switch 802.11g

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive piece of kit, 13 Aug 2003
I bought this router to go between my NTL cable modem and my internal network of two, three or four PCs and laptops. Having read the quick setup guide I was able to set up the box as a router, DHCP server, wireless access point and internet firewall, all within about 10 minutes. It's also very secure - you can see out (it's an increasingly dangerous place) but no-one can see in - unless you want them to. 128-bit wireless encryption and SSID hiding are easy to set up, as is port-forwarding in case you want to run a web or mailserver. It also supports a DMZ and 802.11g (which I haven't tested).
All in all, a great package at a great price.
It's on PC Pro magazine's A-list and it should be on yours too.