Profile for Darren Brookes > Reviews

Darren Brookes

Smallville: The Final Season [DVD] [2011]
Smallville: The Final Season [DVD] [2011]

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman is born!, 26 Jun. 2013
Series 10 wrapped smallville up nicely, some great episodes culminating in a 2 part finale which I genuinely enjoyed!
Thats the nice bit out of the way, now to reflect.. so so many questions! did we really need to see 10 dragged out series? What was the point in lana lang? Did pete ross just disapear an keep clarks secret then? Why did they get rid of lex luthor? An spoiler alert... why why why did we not see tom welling in the superman outfit? After playing clark kent for 10 years youd think the writers would show him more respect.
Anyway all that aside I enjoyed smallville an the superman theme at the end of the finale always gets the hairs standing

Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season [DVD] [2010]
Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season [DVD] [2010]

4.0 out of 5 stars Redemption!, 15 Jun. 2013
1 of my favourite series to date! Smallville finally showing its full potential after some average so so seasons. The finale with Zod and Clark with the rooftop matrix esque battles was superb! If anything they didn't use the most of Zod and he probably wasn't in it as much as he should've been.
We get so see more of Lois and Clark in this season, which was definitely a bonus! Also I think Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was a great addition to the show.
If I'm gonna be picky my criticism is that theirs still some pointless irrelevant episodes you can get away with not even watching ( like the Lois lane quits her job an turns into Mary poppins stay at home mrs episode ). You can get somewhere with a few episodes and finally start getting answers, then the next is pointless! I still find that very irritating after 9 series

Smallville - The Complete Sixth Season [DVD]
Smallville - The Complete Sixth Season [DVD]
Offered by Helgy

4.0 out of 5 stars How irritatting is Lana Lang??, 27 May 2013
A great series overall, with some memorable episodes. Lex luthor has been a real revolation in this saga. I am very much struggling with the Lana Lang thing, everything about her is simply dreadful, and in many ways she spoils the show. The character, her story lines, the acting, the attention seeking... Just awful lol.

Smallville - The Complete Season 7 [DVD] [2008]
Smallville - The Complete Season 7 [DVD] [2008]

3.0 out of 5 stars Good not great!, 25 May 2013
Every series of smallville has started very slow and this is no better, it does eventually get going and is well worth a watch. Although my criticism is that I thought they would've done a lot more with Kara ( supergirl ). She came in and out of the show more than lois lane does. Another criticism is the Lana Lang Clark Kent will they won't they saga is beyond dull, cringeworthy, boring and no longer even relevant!
Series 7 has a great finale, 1 of the best I've seen so far on the show

Smallville - The Complete Eighth Season [DVD]
Smallville - The Complete Eighth Season [DVD]
Offered by lightningdvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Draaaaaged out ville!, 25 May 2013
I'm a huge superman/dc fan, but this smallville has long ran its course. I'm amazed they managed 10 series in all. Series 8 has been the worse so far, dragged out, repetitive and poor writing. I'll start by saying.. Who's idea was it to cancel Lex luthors contract? He was the 1 shining star throughout with by far the better story lines. If anything Clark Kent gets rather, well annoying.
Too many flaws.. The fact he wears red and blue everyday and no ones picked up that he's the red n blue blur. Why is clark not wearing his glases to hide his identity? The showing up at the last second to save the day is getting old and predictable too!
Now to the positives.. Davis Bloom/Doomsday, a great villain. Tess mercer ( who wasn't in it enough ) and Lois lane, again who isn't in it enough! And FINALLY getting rid of the dreadful Lana Lang who outstayed her welcome in some poor poor episodes!
I'll keep going til the end but I'm hoping 9 will be a step up with some long awaited answers
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 7:23 PM GMT