Profile for Mr. C. Watkins-ball > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. Watkins...

Mr. C. Watkins-ball (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Black Leather Camera Case, Bag for Olympus XZ-2

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever ready case , just like the old days!, 7 Jun 2014
When I received and opened the package, I was disappointed. The case seemed too bulky. Once fitted the camera and used a few times, I was much happier and I am very pleased with it. The camera (Olympus compact) is quite retro in design, and a little too bulky to fit in a pocket. The Ever ready case is the perfect answer.

Canon Powershot SX240 HS Digital Camera - Black (12.1 MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3.0 Inch LCD
Offered by SHAN-DEALZ

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable compact, but!, 23 Mar 2014
This is the second of these cameras I have bought in the last two years. I love photography and own two digital SLR Nikon cameras, but walking is my first hobby, they are too heavy and awkward to carry with me, hence the need for a good compact. I chose the SX240 after consulting Which Magazine, and was initially very pleased with it. After many months of use, a vertical scratch appeared on the lens. I imagine this was caused from contact with the metal lens guard and suspected it was a 'one off' fault. I bought this one to replace it as the scratch caused a blemish on my pictures, especially into the light! Once again, after about the same period, the vertical scratch has appeared: I am going to buy something different.
Otherwise the controls are too fiddly, making the accurate aperture selection difficult with the control wheel. When it all works, it is an excellent camera.

Qualtex Dust Bags For Miele Cat & Dog TT Vacuum Cleaners Pack of 10
Qualtex Dust Bags For Miele Cat & Dog TT Vacuum Cleaners Pack of 10
Offered by Suds-Online
Price: 10.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable replacement bags., 23 Mar 2014
These dust bags fit reasonably in the machine, but do not seem to hold as much dust as the originals. They are ok for the money!

Blackspur BB-IG101 Overshoe Snow and Ice Grip
Blackspur BB-IG101 Overshoe Snow and Ice Grip
Offered by Vinsani
Price: 1.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Budget grip, 23 Mar 2014
They fit over my size 8 shoes quite well, but when climbing muddy banks, they do not stay on. Not a lot of use really!

GENUINE MIELE SF-AAC50 FILTER CAT & DOG TT5000 S5261 VACUUM CLEANER
GENUINE MIELE SF-AAC50 FILTER CAT & DOG TT5000 S5261 VACUUM CLEANER
Offered by EzeeFix - Spares
Price: 12.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Only genuine will do., 23 Mar 2014
Pattern filters do not work correctly with the Miele vacuum cleaner. This item does, but at a fairly high cost. The filters last almost a year, but households with multi-pets would need to replace the filter more often.

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse
Offered by ULike
Price: 47.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Magic!, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple Magic Mouse (Accessory)
Although far more costly than a normal wireless mouse, the Apple Magic Mouse is a joy to use, with all the gesture controls of a touch-screen device. It does not get 5 stars, as occasionally it looses connectivity with the computer. Thinking that it had developed a terminal fault, I bought a new one (this one), only to find the fault was intermittent! Don't let this put you off. it is a great tool.

Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Price: 139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaner, 23 Mar 2014
Very good suction, and much better than are old model that developed a terminal water leak! I am very pleased with the results obtained, a very good machine.

CANON 6226B008AA PIXMA MG6350 (A4) Colour Inkjet All-in-One Printer (Print/Copy/Scan) 8.8cm TFT 15.0 ipm (Mono) 10 ipm (Colour) Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacement printer., 23 Mar 2014
My faithful Canon Pixma ip8500 printer became useless when I uprated my Mac to the latest operating system, as Canon do not supply a driver for 'older printers! I bought the MG 6350 after checking its performance in 'Which' magazine. I need this printer purely for photographs, as I have an 'all in one' cheapie, for other functions.
After installation, I tried to print a picture via Photoshop Elements, but the 'print dialogue' box gave only basic options. I eventually found some manual control, but once the computer had been closed and re-started, The basic control was the only thing available. I contacted 'Canon Help' , who sent me a link to down load another driver: no change. I will contact them again soon, but in the meantime, it is virtually useless!

Time
Time
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 6.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Time moves on, but Rod is still great!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
A varied and personal collection of songs, all given the Time honoured Rod Stewart treatment, generally excellent. Anyone who has bought his music in the past, would not be unhappy with this album.

Canon High Yield PGI-550XL,CLI-551XL Ink Cartridges (Pack of 6)
Canon High Yield PGI-550XL,CLI-551XL Ink Cartridges (Pack of 6)
Price: 68.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon inks: High quality, 16 Feb 2014
The pack of the six inks required for my Printer arrived promptly and well packed.
I have not fitted them yet as the printer is new and still has sufficient ink. My last printer was also a Canon and apart from one test with pattern inks (hopeless), I always used the real thing. The quality of Canon inks is excellent and unchanging, although not cheap. It definitely pays to to stay with original items and I am sure the 6 pack above will prove to be as good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5