Profile for Mr. L. J. Carey > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. J. Carey

Mr. L. J. Carey "kingpin1977" (Pterborough, Cambs)

Zoo (Zoo Series)
Zoo (Zoo Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Zoo (Zoo Series) (Kindle Edition)
Interesting concept of the side affects of modern life, found I couldn't put this one down. Did seem to end quite abruptly, but maybe because I was enjoying it and was hoping for more

The Great Space (Scrapyard Ship Series Book 6)
The Great Space (Scrapyard Ship Series Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable series and enjoyable instalment, 31 May 2015
An enjoyable read that flowed well and in no time was finished

ghd IV Styler
ghd IV Styler

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from mark 3, 30 Jun. 2010
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
My wife's mark 3 GHD's stopped working last week after an impressive 6 years of every day use. There was no question in her mind about what their replacements would be so I just ordered the latest model straight away for her. They arrived today 3 days ahead of when Amazon said they would arrive so I can't fault Amazon on that.

However when I got them out of the delivery box I realised the security seal on the box was broken so the item had already been opened; although the item did look to be fine. When she turned them on and ran them through a section of her hair (which may I add is naturally fairly straight and fine) they snagged her hair and got caught. She did a few more sections and the same thing happened, her hair kept getting caught. This never happened with her previous set - needless to say they're going straight back - you don't expect that from something that costs so much. Reading through over reviews it seems I am not the only person that has received item with the security tag already broken.

Fingers crossed hers were a one off - we shall give them another go and order some more - will stick with GHD direct though due to security tag issue and there have been questions raised over whether these are genuine (although I must say they do look genuine to me).

Hope no one else has issues with snagging hair - my wife had a pair of kodo's years ago which did this and she ended up with a fringe an inch shorter than it should be due to her hair breaking so if yours are doing this I would urge you to return them too.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 4:30 PM BST

Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling 2 (PS)
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling 2 (PS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb simulation of bowling, 15 Sept. 2005
This game is in a word Brilliant. True the graphics are very poor, megadrive poor, but the mechanics of the game are awesome, I have been a bowler for 14 years and can truly say that it is a VERY accurate simulation as far as pin reactions go.
The game has an awesome array of statistics and tourneys for you too enter and a host of other options, such as trick shots, skins games and so on.
It really is an addictive game if you can shut out the bad graphics.