Profile for Lynn > Reviews

Two Homes
Two Homes
by Claire Masurel

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Homes, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Two Homes (Paperback)
Excellent book I purchased with It's Not Your Fault Koko Bear when my grandson age 5 was going through a difficult time understanding why Mummy & Daddy are living apart. It made my grandson laugh and I and his parents read it to him several times.

It's Not Your Fault, Koko Bear: A Read-Together Book for Parents and Young Children During Divorce (Lansky, Vicki)
by Vicki Lansky

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Not Your Fault Koko Bear, 23 Sept. 2011
I was concerned about my grandson aged 5 coping with his parents seperation he was a very angry and sad young man at times.

This book was brilliant a nice story that has been read several times allowing questions to be asked about his own situation. I recommend this book to be read to the child by the father and the mother. I have also read it to him on his request as a night time story it most definnately helped him. I also purchased at the same time My Two Homes.

What's Happening to Grandpa?
What's Happening to Grandpa?
by M. Shriver

4.0 out of 5 stars What's Happening to Grandpa?, 23 Sept. 2011
I have been looking for a book suitable for a seven year old to help us explain Alzheimer's and the changes it brings to all the family.

My husband has Alzheimer's and we used to say "Grandpa is not too good today" if he was a bit grumpy or forgot things. Recently my husband was admitted to hospital and various equipment to help him cope with his condition and homecoming has been delivered, which provoked questions.
It has been easier for our grandson to ask questions about Grandpa, after reading the book with his Mum.

I recommend this book and at this age it is something a child could refer to and read themselves again after initially having had it read to them.