Profile for Peanuts > Reviews

The Ninth Gate [DVD] [1999] [2000]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining film, 13 Feb 2009
I have been become a real fan of Johnny Depp and this film I particularly enjoyed. I have not read the book so can't comment, but the film is fabulous.

The rest of the reviewers have covered nearly everything but what I would say it was a film I never wanted to end!

1970's Flashbacks [DVD]
1970's Flashbacks [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Ross
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish times 70, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: 1970's Flashbacks [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst back to the 1960s was quite good this was a complete waste of time.....and my money!

Disturbia [DVD]
Disturbia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff!!, 29 Dec 2008
This review is from: Disturbia [DVD] (DVD)
OK, so the film is a spin off from Rear Window which, incidentally, remains a master piece to this day! James Stewart, Grace Kelly, and of course Raymond Burr, as the films Mr. Nastie, were excellent. I enjoyed the film immensely and am old enough (just) to remember the impact the film made when it was first released. James Stewart was a big star, and rightly so too, and Grace Kelly was part of every mans dream - well most.

But Disturbia has enough flair about it to be worthy of merit in its own right. Shia Lebeouf is good in the main role, as is his mum played by Carrie-Anne Moss and David Morse is excellent as Mr Nastie. And Ashley, played by Sarah Roemer, provides a most refreshing leading lady. The still photographs of Miss Roemer I had seen before I saw the film do her no justice at all. She has a real something about her, a buzz, and at the same time, the girl next door thing if you like. I hope she continues to bring the breath of fresh air to many more films to come.

As with Rear Window, we, the audience are drawn into Disturbia as one of the observers. I found myself almost searching for a pair of binoculars such was the impact the film had on me. My wife, sometimes not the easiest to please as movies go, thought the film was tremendous!

Some reviewers seemed to be paranoid by the fact that the film did not fall under any particular genre. It was a thriller with some light hearted moments and an uncomplicated love story. My own personal feelings however suggest that it falls a little short of being horrific by todays standards.

Disturbia is a fabulous film and my advice to any would be viewer is this: Do not to let the excellent Rear Window allow for any pre-conceived opinions of a detrimental nature to spoil a most agreeable 104 minutes viewing that Disturbia provides!

Sit back and enjoy!

Equilibrium [DVD] [2003]
Equilibrium [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Film, 12 Dec 2008
This review is from: Equilibrium [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I must confess that I do try to catch most of Christian Bales films. He is always able to adapt into any character and make a great success of it at the same time. Equilibrium is a most enjoyable film and a very moving one at that! There is also a good experience at the end of the film that kind of lives with you for a while after.

Mr. Bale and Sci Fi at its best!

The Day The Earth Caught Fire [1961] [DVD]
The Day The Earth Caught Fire [1961] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward Judd
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sweltering stuff, 28 Nov 2008
Some of the early sixties stuff appears dated at times, and I suppose this film does too to a degree. But then it is a sixties film with sixties characters. The Editor of the newspaper is superb - very convincing and the rest of the cast play there part too. Edward Judd was the lead man however and I have often wondered what happened to him. And Janet Monroe who was one of Britains hot actresses at the time adds the glamour. There has been enough said about this film in other reviews already and I have only done my bit to add five stars for the excellent entertainment this film provided!

20 Golden Greats
20 Golden Greats

5.0 out of 5 stars Campbells Kingdom, 17 Oct 2008
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Audio CD)
Glen Campbell is one of the greatest and most versatile performers of our time. Many of the songs on this CD promote "a good feel factor!" His version 'Only Make believe' is by far the best I have ever heard and 'All I have to dream' is also very good.

19 great songs by a great artist represents a great purchase in anyones language!

Breville JK164 Aluminium Brita Kettle
Breville JK164 Aluminium Brita Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars No scum here!, 27 Sep 2008
This kettle would look good in any kitchen. I like the way the internal lighting changes colour too! The kettle boils in no time at all leaving no scum or film! Although expensive, it is well worth the extra in every way. A wonderful item indeed

In the Dark
In the Dark
by Richard Laymon

4.0 out of 5 stars An unbelievable page turner, 8 Sep 2008
This review is from: In the Dark (Paperback)
Once I had finished the book I realised that no other author could have gotten away with a similar plot with so many unanswered questions! It goes to show that Richard Laymon was one of the cleverest, probably the greatest author of his kind ever! Certainly no other writer that I have read can ever match the characters that Mr. Laymon produced. His descriptive prowess produced images that not even a High Density Sony 50 inch television could match. Once you have considered that plot is ridiculous, and the game MOG plays with Jane is entirely improbable you may consider that the book not worthy of your time. But once the first chapter has been completed the book is impossible to put down. Mr. Laymon could write about any subject and turn it into a best seller!

Stir of Echoes [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Stir of Echoes [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Kevin Bacon
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Not often the film is better than the book!, 25 July 2008
In one of the earlier reviews of 'Stir of Echoes' there was mention of the realistic characters who played various roles. I certainly agree with this and at the point in the film where Illeana Douglas hypnotises Kevin Bacon, I actually experienced my eyes getting heavy!

Echoes certainly of 'The Sixth Sense' and others of it's type, but still worth the price of the ticket!

The Dreaming
The Dreaming
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful effort, 17 July 2008
This review is from: The Dreaming (Audio CD)
Whilst this album is not as good as The Kick Inside - there is not many that are - it still retains the Bush magic! Some wonderful tracks and 'I leave it open' is worth the price of the ticket alone

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5