Profile for Peanuts > Reviews

Peanuts (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The Early Beatles
The Early Beatles

5.0 out of 5 stars What I really like about the tracks on this CD is the option ..., 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The Early Beatles (Audio CD)
What I really like about the tracks on this CD is the option of Mono or Stereo. We know the songs are great it is just a matter of selecting your preference ... "Rare or Well Done"

Odette [DVD] [1950]
Odette [DVD] [1950]
Dvd ~ Anna Neagle

2.0 out of 5 stars Nodette!, 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Odette [DVD] [1950] (DVD)
I am sure some film producer out there could make a decent film from the story but this was not good at all!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2016 4:03 PM BST

Like many other Shampoo ... without he mint

From the Blue Angel
From the Blue Angel
Offered by Sonic-Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars How did this band and others like the Illusions and the Squires, 16 Sept. 2015
This review is from: From the Blue Angel (Audio CD)
I actually found this group whilst do the daily rounds through You Tube. I had never heard of The Escorts before but only after listening to one track my arm was twisted by some unseen force which threatened to only release the grip once the purchase of this groups CD containing all their songs had been confirmed. The CD is rare ... and expensive too ... but worth every penny! How did this band and others like the Illusions and the Squires, just to mention a few, pass unnoticed at the time. Check out some of The 60's Garage stuff on You Tube ... now way into my seventies I have just realised that there is so much more of the 60's that passed under my radar!

Fabulous ... Absolutely Fabulous!

8 Classic Albums [Audio CD] The Ventures
8 Classic Albums [Audio CD] The Ventures

2.0 out of 5 stars Venture ... no I think not!, 16 Sept. 2015
The Ventures are one of the most successful bands ...fact ... of all time and I really did like the hits they had in the past! I bought these "8 Classic" Albums thinking they would be as good, or at least almost as good, as the records of theirs I heard before. How wrong could I be! Many of the tracks started in a similar fashion and I am disappointed that they were not able to provide better material for their undoubted talent.

Live It Up [DVD]
Live It Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Hemmings
Offered by Rapid-DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great times!, 28 July 2015
This review is from: Live It Up [DVD] (DVD)
The film really does portray the early sixties as I remember them ... For those of you who were brought up during the period it is certainly a reminder of those wonderful times. Without checking the credits I had no doubt the great Joe Meek was the man responsible for producing the music. The film has a nice little story and some great music along the way.

Fear Nothing
Fear Nothing
by Dean Koontz

3.0 out of 5 stars We have been here before haven't we?, 25 July 2015
This review is from: Fear Nothing (Paperback)
As many of the reviews here almost are touching on "Spoilers" I shall ad no more other than ... this is quite a good read but I have two 'minor' niggles about it. The first is it is the book is probably 100 pages too long and secondly it has an uncanny whiff of Watchers about it. The difference between the two books is Fear Nothing is quite a good read where Watchers is one of the best books I have ever read, and has a bit of a cult following ... so I am told.

For those of you who have not given Watchers a try ... do it!

John Barry: The Man with the Midas Touch
John Barry: The Man with the Midas Touch
by Geoff Leonard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but so many things missing!, 12 July 2015
Growing up in the late fifties and early sixties I became a great fan of John Barry. When I purchased The Man with Midas Touch I was hoping it was going to tell me more about John himself and provide further information, for instance, of the making of Beatgirl and which musician contributed to each song. I know for instance that Joe Brown played the main lead guitar on Move it and not Vic Flick as many believe. There are some great pieces of Music on the Beatgirl Soundtrack and I believe to this day he has never done anything better. Who played Sax on Blues for Beatniks and The Sharks? I felt the book reminded me much on what I already knew and told me very little on what I did not!

The Best Of Ricky Nelson
The Best Of Ricky Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nelson's Column of hits, 9 July 2015
This CD has many of Ricky's hits plus more. If you are looking for A CD that has a good array of songs by Ricky then look no further. Terrific entertainment and real value for money.

Collection (10 tracks)
Collection (10 tracks)
Offered by EliteDigital UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Re-recordings, 9 July 2015
This review is from: Collection (10 tracks) (Audio CD)
Absolute rubbish. All songs have been re-recorded and without the original Dreamers too! If Corporations are allowed to make these awful recordings they should be made to state on the front of the CD clearly that the tracks are re-recorded!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11