ARRAY(0xab3f72f4)

Profile for L. Challis > Reviews

Content by L. Challis

L. Challis "moosepup" (Lincs, UK)

Postpartum Depression For Dummies
Postpartum Depression For Dummies
Price: 11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct 2013
Having read numerous books on PPD in both a personal and professional capacity, I can say in honesty that this is by far the most useful I have encountered. It offers excellent, practical advice for those in the middle of post partum depression, as well as an extremely well rounded and far reaching overview of the condition and it's many guises.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is written from first hand experience, with some wonderful honesty and a genuine warmth. It features advice on identifying PPD, finding the best help and support, therapies and treatments available, medication, self help, and even a very useful chapter aimed at helping family, friends and partners to handle the situation. A particular highlight for me was the chapter entitled "Ten Common Fantasies About Motherhood" - a breath of fresh air for all mothers.
I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Good Night, Sleep Tight: Gentle, proven solutions to help your child sleep well and wake up happy
by Kim West
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, positive advice which really works, 2 Oct 2013
It would be fair to say that we were at the end of our tether after a year of almost sleepless nights. I arrived at Kim West's book after having tried numerous methods, purchased various books and seen doctors and even a sleep specialist, all to no avail. Eventually Good Night, Sleep Tight was recommended to me and I can honestly say it was the best money we've spent!

Kim West offers practical, well researched, positive guidelines and common sense advice which really works. The approach is a gentle one (no 'cry it out' here!), and is well explained and presented in an age specific layout. It is refreshingly bright and non judgemental - a breath of fresh air after some of the other offerings I had read.

Having read it we felt hugely positive, better informed and well equipped to implement a new approach, and we saw great results within a matter of days.

I would highly recommend this to anyone - I only wish I had read it sooner!