Profile for Kitty Hibben > Reviews

Content by Kitty Hibben

Kitty Hibben

Portuguese (Brazilian), Q&s: Learn to Speak and Understand Brazilian Portuguese with Pimsleur Language Programs (Pimsleur Quick and Simple)
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 13.11

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent way to learn Portugese, 31 Oct 2002
This audio collection consists of CD's with easy managable 1/2 hour lessons, 2 per CD. It teaches you basic conversational Portugese, by listening and repeating. It explains the differences between Spanish, Portugese and Brazilian Portugese.
Its great to have in the car or just playing like the radio. You do not necissarily have to sit and listen. Just having it playing helps you familiarise with the language. I found this helped me pick it up more easily.
The format of the CD's is so simple and fun that even a first time learner like myself had no problems picking it up. After learning both French and German from text books I was surprised to find how much more quickley I have learnt from audio lessons.
I would recommend this to absolutley anyone who is looking to learn a new language. Buying this set has enabled me to speak to my best friend,(who is Brazilian) in her own language. She is amazed by how far I have come in such a short time. Definatley the best buy I have had for a long time!

by Pimsleur