Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Wild Light
Wild Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wild Light (Audio CD)
The first listen gave me chest pains...in a good way. It felt like I had fallen over a cliff (again) at the end. Had to dive straight back in for an immediate second listen...only the next time I played it EVEN LOUDER!

Hugo [2011] [DVD]
Hugo [2011] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the book, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hugo [2011] [DVD] (DVD)
The cinematography is great! But read the book first to enjoy the story more.

The Station Inspector (played by Sacha Baron Cohen) is given too much screen time and importance in the story. He should be more menacing.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
by Brian Selznick

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersive Reading, 19 Jan. 2014
I decided to read this book because I was intrigued about a description I read online. It said that the book was part story/part black and white movie. Interested, I ordered the book online. When it was delivered I thought there was some sort of mistake as the package was REALLY heavy.

Carefully I opened the box. “Surely this isn’t the book I ordered?” I mused to myself. I’m sure you can imagine my surprise when I took the book out of its packaging and began riffling through the pages. It was over 500 pages long!!

Undeterred I scanned the blurb. Instantly my interest was grabbed. Hungrily, like a strange book monster I started to read the first chapter…or should I say “watch”? The first chapter is made up of a collection of amazing black and white illustrations. Flicking from one to the next was just like watching an old black and white movie. Before I knew it, fifty pages of the book had gone by.

I read the book in just a few short hours. It certainly is an exciting adventure through 1930’s Paris. There are interesting and extravagant characters, lots of action and suspense…not to mention nerve-shredding cliff hangers.

I recommend this story to any boy or girl, who loves books, loves movies, loves chasing or being chased. 9 out of 10.