ARRAY(0xb6a08588)

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars hard cover, 20 May 2012
Though this is an amazon "basics" product, it is really good. I thought the exterior would be soft but is actually quite strong and my WD 500g fits perfectly inside.

AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories Black
Price: 21.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great camera bag for a great price, 14 May 2012
This bag is perfect for people who want to be able to travel easily with their cameras and a lot of accessories.
I'm able to put lenses, my sound recorder as well as my mac pro and it is very well protected.

In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing
In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing
by Walter Murch
Price: 8.65

4.0 out of 5 stars The genius of Walter Murch, 5 Nov 2011
A nice approach to editing thanks to Walter Murch who has edited many famous films (the godfather, apocalypse now, cold mountain...)
Really important for those out there who believe in making the cuts of one film match with the unconscious blinking of the audience.
Easy to read and clever. Enjoy

A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies [1995] [DVD]
A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Scorsese
Price: 13.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice view, 27 Aug 2011
I really recommend this film documentary by Scorcese as it really feeels like we travel in a director's mind. on top of that, you can embrace Martin's vision of the cinema if you haven't already. It's also very smooth and is ideal for a lazy day at home.

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
by Max Brooks
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out, 8 July 2011
I really wanted to read it as it has an amusing way of theorising what a zombie is. It also has a list of plausible zombie outbreaks that occurred in our world, yes in our world!

However, it gets quite lenghty and feels like a dictionary at times.
I think the novel that follows, world war Z is much more interesting in its concept.

Eigengrau
Eigengrau
by Penelope Skinner
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of air, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Eigengrau (Paperback)
It's nice to have new dramas that focus on our time and our lives. This play is fresh and really brings the people of today into full dramatical characters. Have you ever felt like pushing grandmas when they slow down everyone on the tube? Have you ever been so excited that you can't speak properly anymore? Also, as for the writing, it is also really modern, and includes pages of words followig each other without making a sentence: a nice way to change chapters. I really recommend this for a break

On Film-making
On Film-making
by Alexander Mackendrick
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning of other people's experience, 8 July 2011
This review is from: On Film-making (Paperback)
This book gives a good introduction to the craft of writing and directing for cinema. It is rather formal but is pretty personal in its arguments.
It also has a lot of interesting quotes from Mackendrick himself.