Profile for Rodolfo Martinez > Reviews

Content by Rodolfo Martinez

Rodolfo Martinez

103 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
103 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Puzzle Fun on the Go!, 12 April 2013
I have certainly become a fan of the Grabchuk Family's work. I normally like my puzzles in videogame format, so having an ebook like this is quite appealing to me. I initially found the Puzzle Quizzes series a bit difficult to get into, but now I really enjoy the challenge. There are times I get a bit frustrated, but it's nice to have a way to work out my brain :-)

I'm still amazed at how they keep thinking up these awesome puzzles, and I really liked the visual style of puzzles in this volume. The instructions are nice and clear. I found them intuitive and easy to get into. I found this to be a great de-stresser after a long day of work.

I found that this to maintain a consistent level of difficulty (some of their other books get a bit tough). Don't get discouraged if you mess up a few. You'll also find new material here - even if you've completed their other books, this won't be a cakewalk.

If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, then you likely already have this. At this price, you really have no excuse to not give it a try. While this version is meant for an e-ink device, I highly recommend the HD version if you have a supported device. I really enjoyed the full colour puzzles and instructions on the HD version, but this is a great option on the go (I ended up buying both).

Rodolfo

103 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
103 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars More HD Puzzle Fun from the Grabachuk Family!, 11 April 2013

If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, then you likely already have this. At this price, you really have no excuse to not give it a try. I can't say enough good things about this HD version; if you have a supported device it is a must. The bright colours and clean graphics certainly add to the overall experience, but the e-ink option is great on the go (I ended up buying both).

Rodolfo

102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Mental Exercise, 21 Jan. 2013
I intially had a tough time with some of the Grabachuk Family's puzzle books; they've since grown on me, and I do enjoy the challenge. While I can get a bit frustrated, it's nice to have a way to work out my brain :-) I'm not sure how they keep thinking up these awesome puzzles, but I really liked the visual style of puzzles in this volume. The instructions are nice and clear. I found them intuitive and easy to get into. Overall, it was a great workout for my mind, and it's welcome after a long day of work. I find it's a great de-stresser.

I found that this volume starts out a little bit tougher than the others, and maintains a consistent level of difficulty. Don't get discouraged if you mess up a few. The end puzzles are a bit easier then in previous volumes; but don't let this dissuade you. even if you've completed their other books, this won't be a cakewalk.

If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, or you like puzzles in general, then I recommend getting this. If you enjoy it, be sure to get their other books too. While this version is meant for an e-ink device, I highly recomend the HD version if you have a supported device. It is well worth the extra cost to have full colour puzzles and instructions; I feel it really adds to the overall experience.

Rodolfo

102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout for Your Brain!, 20 Jan. 2013
At first, I had a tough time with some of the Grabachuk Family's puzzle books; they've since grown on me, and I do enjoy the challenge. While I can get a bit frustrated, it's nice to have a way to work out my brain without involving a gaming console
:-) And (like all their other books) I love this HD version! I'm not sure how they keep thinking up these awesome puzzles, but I really liked the visual style of puzzles in this volume. I found them intuitive and easy to get into.

I found that this volume starts out a little bit tougher than the others, and maintains a consistent level of difficulty. I found the end puzzles a bit easier then in previous volumes; maybe I'm actually getting better at this?

If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, or you like puzzles in general, then I recommend getting this. Personaly, I loved Brain Age on my DS, so this was perfect for me. If you enjoy it, be sure to get their other books too. While this can also be enjoyed on an e-ink device, I highly recomend the HD version; it is well worth the extra cost to have full colour puzzles and instructions; I feel it really adds to the overall experience.

Rodolfo

101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Puzzle Book ;-), 13 Dec. 2012
This is another great puzzle book by the Grabachuk family. Nice clear instructions (especially in this HD version!), and some challenging puzzles. I've tried some of their other books, so I started off strong with this one. I was feeling pretty awesome until I started hitting around the late 30's - the difficulty ramps up quick! But don't let me discourage you as this one is a lot of fun!

I highly recommend this for anyone who loves puzzles, especially in book or game format, and I feel this sort of book really shines in the Kindle format. If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, you'll love this one. Also, if you have a device that supports it, I highly recommend this HD version over the standard version - it's well worth the extra $2.00

Rodolfo

101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Kindle Puzzle Book!, 10 Dec. 2012
This is another great book by the Grabachuk family. Nice clear instructions, and some challenging puzzles. I've tried some of their other books, so I started off strong with this one. I was feeling pretty awesome until I started hitting around the late 30's - the difficulty ramps up quick! Don't let this discourage you as it's a lot of fun, and I did manage to get the last one right!

I highly recommend this for anyone who loves puzzle books or games, and I feel this sort of book really shines in the Kindle format. If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, you'll love this one. Also, if you have a device that supports it, I highly recommend the HD version over the standard version.

Rodolfo

100 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
100 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome HD Puzzle Fun!, 23 Nov. 2012
The Grabarchuk Family's awesome 104 Puzzle Quizzes HD is quite a bit of fun (their other puzzle book that I purchased) - and since then my brain had some time to recover so I figured I would check this out, as I always find it fun to work out my brain. :-)

This new puzzle book was great, and I really enjoyed the illustrations and colours - overall it makes for a better experience over the non-HD version. The puzzles started out easier than in 104 Puzzle Quizzes HD, but quickly ramp up to become just as difficult.

The difficulty is balanced, although it gets TOUGH near the end - but I did get #100 right!

I really enjoyed this on my 10" Android Tablet (Asus Transformer), I'm sure it would also look really nice on an iPad. If you enjoy Brain Age on the DS, you'll love this!

Rodolfo

100 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
100 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind broken - again., 21 Nov. 2012
The Grabarchuk Family's awesome 104 Puzzle Quizzes had me thinking I was ready for anything, and then this came along :-)

This new puzzle book was great, with clear instructions - I find that with many puzzle books/games there is more challenge in the directions than the puzzle itself. The puzzles started out quite easy, but quickly ramp up.

I found that 104 Puzzle Quizzes (which I also highly recommend) is a bit tougher, and I certainly enjoyed this installment more. The difficulty seems a bit more balanced, although it gets TOUGH near the end.

If you have a device that supports the HD version, do yourself a favour and pick it up; the high quality images and colors make for a better experience!

104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Puzzle Book - Love the HD Edition!, 4 Nov. 2012
This was a great puzzle book. A nice blend of puzzles, and definitely some tough ones in here! I really enjoyed this over the standard edition, as it read quite nice in my tablet, and the hi-res colour images made it far easier to read. I'd really like to see this turned into a game at some point. I highly recommend it, either for yourself or a gift for the puzzle lover in your family. Just be warned, some are a bit tough!

104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great job Grabarchuks!, 3 Nov. 2012
Definitely a fun puzzle book. I wasn't really sure what to expect, as I haven't touched a puzzle book in ages! I didn't do as bad as I feared that I would, but some of these are challenging, and it took me a bit longer than I expected to get through it. Lots of fun, and a great gift for the puzzle lover in your family. If you have a tablet, pickup the HD edition as well. Overall, this is well worth the asking price, and I look forward to more books from the Grabarchuk Family!

I also have a detailed review at:
[...]