ARRAY(0xaa7d1ab0)

Profile for bodgit and sons > Reviews

Content by bodgit and sons

bodgit and sons

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Rebus / Fox encounter., 20 April 2014
Having read several Rebus and one Fox book, it was interesting to read that the twain actually do meet.

One of the best Rebus books I've read

Deception Point
Deception Point

4.0 out of 5 stars Wot ! No Robert Langdon ?, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Deception Point (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Dan Brown read with Robert Langdon conspicuous by his absence.
It was nonetheless enjoyable to read but I missed the trademark deciphering of symbolic clues

The War Of The Rats
The War Of The Rats
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Desolate, 13 Mar 2014
Gripping and compelling but in a dark voyeuristic way. The forces both within and without which set snipers apart from regular soldiers as cold blooded killers remain a mystery but this book, in describing the unbelievable horrors of urban warfare in Stalingrad goes some way towards us understanding it.

I read much of this book in the small hours of the morning as I was unable to sleep due to night-time coughing and feeling quite ill with influenza and this has etched the darkness of the book even deeper in me.

God rest all those poor souls

Paying The Piper
Paying The Piper
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars clever thriller, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Paying The Piper (Kindle Edition)
Well planned and thought out kidnap thriller, which with a mother and her children amongst the principal characters might also appeal to women readers despite some brutal episodes. It was all the more enjoyable to me with the story set in and around San Francisco which I have visited, unlike many of John Grisham's and other U.S.
authors books located in and around Mississippi

Moon Underfoot (A Jake Crosby Thriller)
Moon Underfoot (A Jake Crosby Thriller)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel to his earlier Jake Crosby thriller, 15 Feb 2014
Loved the continuity with his last book, it's effects on Jake and his family and the bad guy wanting revenge. I also like the moral story running in parallel with some old folks doing good for the deserving and getting closure on their own demons.

The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller)
The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars I will review this later, 28 Jan 2014
I object to being forced to write a 20 word review on a touch screen keypad before I can use my kindle device or App again and I insist in having the option to do so from my desktop keyboard. Please either tell me how to bypass this lock-in so that I don't lose patience with Kindle and use a competitor's bookstore in future

Stormafit Men's Windsor 3/4Length Wax Jacket - Green, XX-Large
Stormafit Men's Windsor 3/4Length Wax Jacket - Green, XX-Large
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, 27 Dec 2013
Before I ordered this jacket, I reviewed other better known brands online and actually looked at some in shops to get an idea of their quality and price range.

Given the huge price differential between those and the Stormafit Windsor (aka one of the the 'Jack Daw' range by it's red label inside). I decided to order one on the strengh of others' very good reviews of it's quality.

I wasn't disappointed as I believe the quality is comparable and even better in some instances than those I looked at in the shops - in particular the quality of workmanship and materials and they certainly haven’t compromised on the lining materials and zips used. So if this truly is an example of 'Made In Britain', we're still alive and kicking.

I wanted a warm and fairly waterproof winter coat for the occasional country or seafront walk, High St shopping and sports spectating so the generous padding was ideal and the waterproofing perfectly adequate for anything less than very long walks with dogs.

The coat arrived much quicker than I was led to expect and since it wasn’t mentioned in the product description, I was also surprised and delighted that it also comes with a detachable rain hood.

So if your expectations for a waxed 3/4 length jacket are similar to mine i.e. you want to buy a quality, warm, waterproofed winter coat at a fraction of the cost of 'branded' ones ((and buy British) , The ‘Stormafit' is a no-brainer

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those books you just cant put down., 28 Nov 2013
Robert Harris at his best as one of few authors who's able to write compelling fiction based on historial fact

Revenger
Revenger
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Short-Changed !, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Revenger (Kindle Edition)
I'm a great fan of Tom Cain's Carver books but this was a very short read for the money and left me feeling disappointed. It was sadly more of an Epilogue than a story. The only mitigation I can think of is that I'd just finshed reading Les Miserables which was almost 1000 pages long for no charge to download perhaps I've been spoilt as far as quality and value for money were concerned

Ice Appliance Big Chill Drinks Fridge
Ice Appliance Big Chill Drinks Fridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Outstanding Service, 8 Mar 2013
Once again and very soon after a problem with another order, I’m giving 5 stars to the Seller and their 3rd Party suppliers but ‘null points’ to Amazon.

The wine cooler ran but didn’t chill from Day 1, which was masked by the low ambient temperature in our utility room until 2 weeks later when it was obviously not working.
I requested a replacement from Amazon but their returns website said it was out of stock (despite their sales page still showing it as in-stock), instructing me to ‘return’ it ( a 0.5 meter cube package weighing 16 kg !!) for a refund.

I contacted the seller Betterware who liaised with the 3rd party Manufacturer or Importer Jeray who 2 days later, delivered a replacement and collected the U/S one.

It’s been running fine for a week now and keeping my wine, beers, mixers etc. much colder and than the old one I’d had for years before it ‘expired’. The well designed shelving also stores more bottles etc. than the old fridge with the same cubic capacity.

Excellent product and outstanding service from the Seller and their Supplier

Page: 1 | 2 | 3