Profile for C. P. F. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Swissgear GA-7316-06F00 Ibex 17 Inch Backpack - Black/Blue
Swissgear GA-7316-06F00 Ibex 17 Inch Backpack - Black/Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits "most" 17 inch laptops..., 27 May 2014
...but not mine. I have a Dell Inspiron 17 and it does not fit in the bag. The zips barely close leaving the up-ended side of the laptop extremely vulnerable to being damaged. "Most" 17" screens are actually 17.3 inches and the bag is about .5" too small.

The quality is superb just like you'd expect from Wenger, but I'm giving it 3 stars because I feel it's shady advertising to say it's a 17" laptop bag and "most" 17" laptops wouldn't fit it in it.

Dell Inspiron Q17R 17.3 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Pentium Dual Core B950, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)
Offered by IHI

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and Overpriced., 19 May 2014
At the time of this review, you can buy direct from DELL on their website and get an Inspiron series laptop for £449. Oh and it has better everything... a 4th Gen i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD and Windows 8.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 7:19 PM BST

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trivia Quiz Book
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trivia Quiz Book

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly written., 23 Dec 2013
Not even worth borrowing with prime as there are so many spelling errors and inconsistencies that you get answers wrong simply for assuming it is an incorrect answer every time "baggins" is spelled as "baggis" among many other frequent errors.

Russell Hobbs 18661 Stainless Steel Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18661 Stainless Steel Kettle

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted..., 30 July 2013
Boils water really quickly even at max capacity (about 5 min). I really liked this kettle as it was only the 2nd one I've owned. I used the kettle only 3 to 4 times per week, within a year the plastic hinges on the lid broke. Really disappointing.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC)
Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Turtle Beach, 30 Jun 2013
As another reviewer stated they leak sound to the mic. If I'm playing a game, on Ventrilo, on Skype and listening to music at the same time, the people that I am on Skype and Ventrilo with can hear what I am listening to or playing even though the volume is down low.

The ear pieces are so big that they cover your entire ear like an ear muff... and like an ear muff, no heat gets out. Within an hour of any gaming session I am sweating because of trapped heat. It's not very pleasant and I really can't believe that headset developers haven't figured this out yet.

So you have to pick... Quality of the sound is perfect imho, the fact that my friends can hear my music isn't so bad, but they shouldn't be able to.. and you're going to get hot while wearing these in order to have the sound quality.

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 13)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as everyone else seems to think it is, but not as good as it could have been..., 17 May 2013
I admit that the series was predictable at times, but anyone who reads this and complains about how it ended obviously wasn't paying attention in the previous 12 books. I mean come on, how could you not know who Sookie would end up with?

That said... It did tie up all of the loose ends. I was surprised by who the ultimate antagonist was. I had felt that each book was its own story with continuing relationships/friendships evolving in each novel, so I didn't expect who was causing all the bad.

While all of the books are relatively short, I had thought this one might be longer or that there would be more depth to each situation. I used to feel more in touch with all of the characters but in this book every time I started to feel some emotion the scene would be over and I'd be left wanting more interaction.

I was also disappointed that Bubba didn't make an appearance. :(

I'm not sorry I read it... but I won't ever re-read the series.

Tekkerz Accessories - New Apple iPhone 5 Aluminium Hard Silver Bumper Case Cover With Tekkerz Accessories Stylus Pen

2.0 out of 5 stars Great style, awesome looks, but hinders functionality., 29 Jan 2013
I love the look of the case, easily 5 stars on that note. It fits perfectly also.

My only concern is that it hinders Wi-Fi connection. If I have the case on, I get 1 bar on my wifi from the same room the router is in. If I take the case off, full signal. If I'm out at, for example, a Starbucks, I am lucky to get signal in the cafe with the case on at all. Very intermittent connection. If I take it off, I can easily connect.

I should have known better than to get an aluminium case. It's a well known, general consensus, that they screw with your signal.

2 stars.

Acer Predator G7760 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-2600k, RAM 16GB, HDD 3TB, 2x nVidia GTX 580, Blu-ray, Windows 7 Home Premium)

1.0 out of 5 stars Paying for the name... again., 24 Sep 2012
You can get all of the components for around £1500 to £1600 depending on how "high-end" you want to go. I mean really, in this day and age you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know someone who can put a PC together for them... even if you offered to cook your friend dinner or give them £50 to do it, you'd still be saving £800 to £1000.

Yes, £800 to £1000, just for the case/labor.

Acer has gone off their rocker again with this PC price.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 11:07 PM GMT

klik K6 - 6 Digit Price Gun, with 1,500 free Price Labels and spare Ink Roller
klik K6 - 6 Digit Price Gun, with 1,500 free Price Labels and spare Ink Roller

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive a Klik, 7 Mar 2012
I gave this item 3 stars for the following reasons;

1. -1 Star. The pricing gun shown is not the one that was delivered to me. The pricing gun I received was in a Klik k6 box, but was actually a Lynx C-W20. I did not receive any type of explanation for this from the seller as to why this happened even though I wrote and requested it.

2. -1 Star. Once the pre-loaded labels were expended I had no instructions on how to reload the pricing gun. The instructions that come printed on the box are for a Klik pricing gun and as mentioned above I received a Lynx C-W20 for some reason. I wrote and asked for loading instructions and never received a response (I wrote over 2 weeks ago at the time of this review).

3. +1 Star. The pricing gun I received came pre-loaded with the labels for a Klik pricing gun. That's ok because the Klik labels seem to be compatible and worked without any problems.

4. +2 Stars. The pricing gun I actually received does work extremely well. I am happy with it now that I figured out how to reload it. I spent several hours trying to figure it out on my own and then another several hours searching for online instructions. I eventually found instructions online and they were easy to follow and I'll never forget how to reload it again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast service, excellent product, 13 Sep 2011
I was very skeptical about ordering sunglasses online, even from Amazon, but I have to say that I am very impressed. They arrived 3 days earlier than expected and fit me perfectly. I was really worried that they wouldn't fit because I have a broad build and it has taken me weeks to find a nice pair of sunglasses in the past that fit my face. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2