Profile for Becs G > Reviews

Content by Becs G

Becs G (Blighty)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Homesunshine Rhodium Plated Diamond Accent Amethyst Heart Shape Pendant Necklace 18"-sn3017

3.0 out of 5 stars Purple, 4 Mar. 2016
Pretty and cheap. Not the blue in the picture but purple.

Real Techniques Deluxe Set Collectors Edition
Real Techniques Deluxe Set Collectors Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Fave Make Up Brushes, 4 Mar. 2016
Real Techniques truly are the DADDY of make-up brushes. I don't think you can beat them.

If you're anything like me, a busy working Mum, then make up in the morning needs to be fast, efficient and effective and these brushes definitely get me a little closer to that.

They are a beautiful texture and (and this is so important to me), it says on the handle of the brush what they actually are so I know which one is my powder brush, which is my blusher brush etc etc without having to put much thought into the process. Little things like this please me.

They're also very pretty and this is a great starter set - makes a fabulous present for someone.

Aveda Be Curlyâ"¢ Intense Detangling Hair Masque Travel Size (25ml)
Aveda Be Curlyâ"¢ Intense Detangling Hair Masque Travel Size (25ml)
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Mar. 2016
Sad to say, I didn't love this product.

For an expensive and hyped hair product such as this, I expected so much more. It feels 'thin', like it's having little effect on the hair and did nothing to address the issues I have with my curls. It left them feeling dry and frizzy.

There are FAR better products on the market in this price range - can't recommend this one sadly and I really wanted to like the AVEDA range.

Maria Nila Luminous Colour Guard Hair Masque
Maria Nila Luminous Colour Guard Hair Masque
Offered by HSSalonsupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Stuff, 4 Mar. 2016
I received this as part of the glossy box scheme and left it in a drawer without trying it for a while. When I eventually got around to trying it, I was pleasantly surprised.

It's not a brand I'd heard of before but I intend now to try other products in their range.

I have wavy rather than curly hair and dye it to prevent the ever encroaching greys. It tends towards dryness and frizz and, generally, in a conditioner, this is what I aim to treat rather than the colour - hence the delay in trying this product but it was just lovely.

I need to feel a conditioner really coats my hair so I can feel instantly that it's working and this does just that and smells heavenly at the same time. It's easy to get a comb through my unruly locks after using this. I know it's expensive (you can buy it cheaper elsewhere online) but I don't mind paying a little extra for a product if it really delivers what it promises and this definitely does.

Going to try the 'soft' and 'structure repair' masques now :)

Miss Daisys Value Range Polyester Hollowfibre Cushion Inner Pad, 45 x 45 Cm, 4 Pack
Offered by Arthurstrading

2.0 out of 5 stars Very flat, 5 Jan. 2016
Not so great - bit flat and lacklustre really. Really needs at least three times as much filling to give it some oomph.

Cook Now, Eat Later
Cook Now, Eat Later
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Cook Now, Eat Later (Hardcover)
All Hail Queen Mary. Long may she reign!

Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Hairbrush, Blueberry Pop
Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Hairbrush, Blueberry Pop
Offered by Morning7

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Awaited Solution, 13 Aug. 2015
Just perfect - gently teases out the tangles in my hair. I use it before I wash my hair and again when it's still wet and am getting far less breakage with this than any other brush or comb I've used before. Does exactly what it claims to do.

Modern Glass Ice Cube Touch Table Lamp with Chrome Base
Modern Glass Ice Cube Touch Table Lamp with Chrome Base
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Efficient, 13 Aug. 2015
I bought a couple of these last year for my bedroom and then two more this year for my teenagers rooms. They really are little powerhouses - small, compact but very efficient and so, so pretty. They take up very little space on the bedside table and the wire is long enough to give you good choice where you place it.

I'd definitely buy one of these again.

Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Brushed Stainless Steel Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION - THIS KETTLE SCALDS AS IT POURS, 12 Aug. 2015
Well, I bought this kettle to replace the last Russell Hobbs one that I had which started fusing the electrics in my house and did a little research to make sure that this wasn't one of those kettles known to give a strange metallic taste to the water (it doesn't) and was initially quite pleased with it but sadly, and this is a BIG issue for me - this kettle SCALDS your hand with steam as you pour it. The only way to avoid it is to hold the handle right at the bottom but you lose stability and this poses further risks with boiling water.

I've asked several people to try pouring my kettle and they all agree. I have to use a tea towel over my hand to protect it as I pour to prevent being burnt. I suspect it's a design flaw so I would advise strongly against purchasing this model.

Sneaky Pete Season 1