Profile for Mr. Davide Mazzetti > Reviews

Content by Mr. Davide Ma...

Mr. Davide Mazzetti "D Mazzetti" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
15m 15 metre Flat Network Cat5e Grey Ethernet Cable Low Profile RJ45 lead
15m 15 metre Flat Network Cat5e Grey Ethernet Cable Low Profile RJ45 lead
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my problem, 28 Jun. 2014
I already have on network cable going from my bedroom to my sitting room so that I can connect my laptop to my network. I also wanted to connect my Sky+ box to the same network for on-demand, but could never get a second network cable through the hole in the wall. This flat cable solved that problem. It's a high quality product at a bargain price and was delivered exceptionally quickly.

Irregular Triangle Pattern TPU Skin Case Cover For iPhone 4 / 4S - Black
Irregular Triangle Pattern TPU Skin Case Cover For iPhone 4 / 4S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 22 April 2013
I'm very pleased with this item. It's stylish and protects the iPhone very well. The triangular pattern on the back is very attractive. Rather than cut out holes for the power and volume buttons, these are overlaid with substitutes, which is a nice touch. If you're looking for good protection for your iPhone, whilst at the same time, leaving it easily accessible, then this is the one to go for.

Russian (With Ease Series)
Russian (With Ease Series)
by Victoria Melnikova-Suchet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Material - poor availability, 26 Aug. 2012
This is the third Assimil course I have bought. the others being French and Italian. The Russian course follows the same format and I'm really pleased with this course. The early dialogues are short enough not to be too taxing and are read on the audio twice; once at a slow speed so that you can hear the pronunciaton clearly, the second time, more quickly so that you can hear a more natural rendering. Because of the high quality of this material, I have given the product 5 stars.
However, my biggest complaint is with Assimil itself. They are not well known in the UK and do nothing to market themselves to a British audience. The number of languages available to English speakers is very limited and they really need to make their presence known here. Connected with this is the fact that the title I am reviewing is now 'unavailable' on Amazon. How can this be? This Russian course was published in 2011 and first available on Amazon in February 2012 - how on earth can it be unavailable so quickly? I was very lucky to be able to get this in time. Okay, you can go to Assimil's website but the prices are more expensive. This does not detract from my opinion of the courses - but come on, Assimil, make yourselves more available.

Italian Conversation DeMYSTiFied with Two Audio CDs
Italian Conversation DeMYSTiFied with Two Audio CDs
by Beth Bartolini-Salimbeni

1.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly bad, 21 April 2012
I couldn't agree with Luna's review more. I bought this 'course' out of interest as I am at level B2, but we can all do with improvement, right? However my interest was short lived when I played the CD. Why oh why are the conversations spoken at such a slow speed? By the time I got halfway through the first one, I'd lost the will to live. Also, this is supposed to be a course in conversation, so why are there so many written exercises? Surely it would have been more effective to have the learner take part in a conversation. I have tried several times to make a start on this, but each time, I've given up in utter boredom. This will be one of the few resources I own that will sit gathering dust.

MILITARY DOG TAGS - Set of 2 personalised army style dog ID tags with ball chains & silencers<br>(READ DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW TO ADD PERSONALISATION)
(READ DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW TO ADD PERSONALISATION)
Offered by Armydogtags

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Good, 24 Sept. 2011
Contrary to an earlier review, I found these tags to be of very high quality, especially considering the low price and free embossing. The metal used is NOT thin and flimsy and is well protected by the rubber surround.
The lettering is perfectly clear and I cannot see how it would deteriorate with use.
If you want a set of dog tags at a very reasonable price, I don't think you could do better than these - in fact I intend to buy a second set as 'spares'.

SmartItalian Int/Adv - Learn Italian the Smart Way, Audio Cds
SmartItalian Int/Adv - Learn Italian the Smart Way, Audio Cds
Offered by Smart Language Intl

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Italian as it's spoken, 16 May 2011
These CDs are quite a step up from the beginner set and contain more advanced dialogues. However, the format is the same; the dialogues are read at a fairly slow pace to aid comprehension, and then read at a more natural speed to enable you to become used to a more native style of delivery. They are ideal for sharpening your listening skills, but are also a valuable resource if you want to try your hand at 'shadowing' the language (reading aloud at the same time as the speaker).
I found these a valuable addition to my collection of Italian resources.

SmartItalian Audio CDs Beginner - Learn Italian w/Italians
SmartItalian Audio CDs Beginner - Learn Italian w/Italians
Offered by Smart Language Intl

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Italian as it's spoken, 16 May 2011
One of the 'problems' of many language courses is that the audio component frequently includes speech that is artificially slow and unnatural. The beauty of these CDs is that the dialogues are spoken at two speeds: firstly, slow enough to enable you to pick out the individual words and then at a more natural pace so that you get used to hearing Italian at it's natural speed. This is essential if you hope to understand natives and to be able to take part in a conversation. My own knowledge of Italian is upper intermediate, but even so, I found this package a useful tool to sharpen up my listening skills. If you're a beginner, you'll appreciate the graded speed of delivery and will feel a sense of real achievement when you're able to understand the dialogues read at a natural speed.

SmartItalian - Introduction to Italian, Vol.2
SmartItalian - Introduction to Italian, Vol.2
by Christian Aubert
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound follow up to Introduction 2, 16 May 2011
I already had a good knowledge of Italian when I bought this product - but you can never get too much help. I found the CDs a very good way to become familiar with the basics of the language as they take a 'tutorial' style which is very relaxing. One reviewer has complained that the material is rushed through too quickly. However, these CDs are not intended to be listened to once and then discarded; it's made quite clear that they should be listened to several times.
Some may ask why the CDs begin with number drills. Apart from the fact that numbers frequently prove a stumbling block for new learners of a language, they are an effective way of learning pronunciation. Personally, I always find numbers take a while to stick, so I appreciated this attention.
Apart from the CDs, the package also includes a PDF booklet which can be printed out and referred to if need be.
If you're completely new to the language, I would recommend this as a good starting point on which to build.

SmartItalian - Introduction to Italian, Vol.1
SmartItalian - Introduction to Italian, Vol.1
by Christian Aubert
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Introduction, 16 May 2011

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 24 Feb. 2011
I ordered three of these in different colours and they arrived a day before the delivery estimate. For the price, they are excellent quality. I'm a 38 inch chest and ordered the medium size. I did think they might be a little too big, but they are a tight fit, so if you want a tight but comfortable fit (which the medium is for me) then don't make the mistake of ordering too small a size. As one reviewer has already said, they have a fairly small arm opening so bear this in mind.
I'm very pleased with these and will be ordering more.

Page: 1 | 2