Profile for Trebor Boskins > Reviews

Content by Trebor Boskins

Trebor Boskins (Germany)

Salter Salter Deep Fill Double Pie Maker
Salter Salter Deep Fill Double Pie Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars So scoop up this machine and enjoy this magnificent creation in its finest form, 27 Oct. 2014
What would the world be without a delicious deep-crust pie? With certainty a sadder place. So scoop up this machine and enjoy this magnificent creation in its finest form.

A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector
A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 16 Jan. 2014
Ok, it only comes out once a year, but it is worth every penny. Since my childhood, the melodius croonings of Darlene Love have been as necessary a part of Xmas as Turkey and crackers.

The Royle Family Album: The Complete Collection [DVD]
The Royle Family Album: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Aherne
Offered by lightningdvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but not so cheerful, 16 Jan. 2014
Great series, but crappy 4X3 picture and dodgy sound. Honestly, although I am struggling through and enjoying it, I would rather have coughed up a few more quid for a better box set.

Canon EOS 60D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Canon EOS 60D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
by Nicole S. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Opening a whole world of understanding, 16 Jan. 2014
I don't have a comparison, but despite the complex nature of the subject, this book seems to be helping. I'm already taking better pix and I understand a little more of how my camera works (although I have a long way to go).

Waterman Hemisphere  Stainless Steel Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Hemisphere Stainless Steel Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanstastic, 16 Jan. 2014
Slim, stylish and very solid in the hand. I bought it for my brother as a pen to keep as I have one too. I love it and I think it is pretty good value for such a lovely looking and substantial pen.

Mary C. Brown & The Hollywood Sign/On My Way To Where
Mary C. Brown & The Hollywood Sign/On My Way To Where
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Exalted peregrination through the memories of youth, 16 Jan. 2014
RIP Dory. You were the euphonious accompaniment to a thousand surburban dinner parties of my childhood. Long live King Kong.

Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Craig Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series, 16 Sept. 2009
Early Doors is everything a good British drama should be. The characters are sympathetic, well fleshed-out and the dialogue is almost like something from the pen of Alan Bennet. It is razor sharp at times. I live abroad, so I have an added need for a dose of British nostalgia. It served that need with a dated quality that I really love, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
On the minus side, this obviously never got exported; the accents are so strong that I had to rewind several times, but it is worth the effort. I don't want to be too PC, but the continuous smoking that goes on is perhaps not a good example for anyone and doesn't add anything to the story. Much of the series is shot through a blue haze! And lastly, the ending is a lot flatter than I was hoping for. But if you enjoyed every other scene that came before that ending (as I did), then you won't care too much. I didn't.