Profile for the pilgrim > Reviews

Content by the pilgrim

the pilgrim "kelticheart" (uk)

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 April 2009
I thought this film was absolutely brilliant.What more can I say. I remember how I felt when I experienced the ABBA experience first time round, now my children are enjoying it too. Yes it might be a bit cheesy but hey life is all too often full of doom and gloom. Do yourself a favour and lighten up a little. Yes it was a "feel good" film but so what, sit back and enjoy.

The Complete Reiki Handbook: Basic Introduction and Methods of Natural Application - A Complete Guide for Reiki Practice
by Walter Lubeck
Price: 4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars reservations, 12 Feb 2007
I agree entirely with the reviewer who picked up on the issue of giving and receiving of Reiki treatments in the nude. Reiki is given and received with the participants fully clothed. Never ever accept a treatment if you are asked to remove your clothing. This alone made feel the book unworthy of more than one star. It is also interesting that Lubeck is a friend of Frank Arjava Petter. Infact they have written books together on the subject of Reiki. Frank Petter is hailed as showing the authentic origins of Reiki. I am not sure of the reliability of Mr Petter now I am aware of his association with Mr Lubeck. If you want a really good book on Reiki purchase anything by Frances and Bronwen Steine. These are far more informative and down to earth than any of Petter and Lubeck's work. I would give this book a minus star rating if I could.Avoid it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2011 5:05 PM BST