Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Dan" (Midlands, UK)

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - White
Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - White
Offered by EU OFFERS 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Iphone sit down, 10 Sept. 2011
Well what can I say moved from the Apple Iphone 3GS after two years ownership to this beast, I originally feared I would be embarking on a downgrade such was my admiration for my old device, I had heard so much about the Apps on android being inferior and the user experience not even coming close. Well here it is a review from a former Apple user for those of you who want to switch but fear making the jump and are finding yourself drawn back to the Apple brand.

Ill explore each element of the phone in my review and compare it to my old Iphone as honestly as I can, was this a good move?
Well Ill be honest here I never owned the Iphone four so to compare to that in some aspects would be unfair however many of the apps and operating platforms are no different from one Iphone to the next so you make the connection.

In the hand the Galaxy S2 feels reassuring, yes when you take off the back it feels flimpsy but once placed correctly on the phone all thoughts of its flimsyness disappear and the backing feels solid. The whole phone in my opinion feels better in the hand than the Iphone its some how contoured to fit even the meatiest of digits and I suspect this is in part to the phones thin profile, which is currently amoungst the thinnest on the market. The phone is much lighter than the Iphone which initially gives rise to feelings of inferior strength but I suspect the plastic casing will afford it great strength should the need ever arise where I need to bounce it down the road.So for me the Galaxy edges the apple on looks and feel, I have held the Apple 4 and maintain that this has a better feel.

The Gallaxy S2 screen by comparison to the 3gs is a million miles ahead of the game, the resolution is crisper and the colours more vibrant, its the first thing that smashes you in the eyes when you turn the device on. The screen is much larger but dont let that worry you, the devices breadth creats the illusion of the phone being smaller than it actually is. The whole turning on thing is a pleasant experience as a light buzz warmly tingles through the palm of your hand. My biggest fear when switching devices was that Apple is reportadely the most user friendly phone on the market, I have held first gen smart phones with touch screen which needed a hammer to activate the particular app or keypad, there is no such issue on this phone and the experience is no different to the Apple device, the pinch touch swipe etc are all sensitive enough and the light buzz through your hand lets you know that the particular app has opened or the letters your typing are working. This is no different from the Iphone.

Again the Iphone is renowned for its simplicity when it comes to Itunes but therein lies its problem in my opinion, Apple have created a costly monster for the user, there is limitation of choice, yes there are six billion apps but at what cost? Apple will be making a cut somewhere. Its fair to say that it is slightly easier to download apps on the Iphone but to be fair to the Android market things have improved and will continue to do so. I have found downloading apps onto my Smasung as easy as it used to be on the Iphone but the real winner for me was that there are many more brilliant apps which come free on Android and so far if you stick to the best reviewed free apps its a pleasant experience.

One of the biggest and bestest things on the Iphone is its Ipod like capability, this is still winning so far but I know I just need to find the right free app to run my Galaxy S2 music as the installed player is frankly poo!! On a plus point there are apps which allow you to download free music tracks, cant see apple doing that anytime soon can you? There is also an App if your switching from Itunes to android which will allow you to transfer all your music from Itunes onto your handheld device so thats a win win!! In terms of sound this device is a million times clearer and crisper sounding than the IPhone 3gs, I can play my music now without having to put my ear horn in whilst taking a shower!!!

Ill say one word which again pushes this device ahead of the Iphone in terms of capabilites and thats Flash player, the amount of times I couldnt watch web media content on the iphone resulted in me contemplating skimming it across a lake on numerous occasions. Its only saving grace was the fact I was getting royally screwed with an excessive monthly contract. With this phone you will attract a much cheaper and more competative contract.

Another plus point on this phone is the free Google maps sat Nav, its free and there is no app that comes close to it, it alerts you in good time and is slick in its operation. I paid fifteen pounds for such an App on my old Iphone and it was still pants. Coincidently to buy an in car charger and holder is under ten pounds on Ebay.

In terms of operation I am in awe at the speed of this device by comparison to my old Iphone I cant throw enough apps at it the thing eats data, the youtube pages seldom lag and its crystal clear when watching them.

Another winning aspect of this phone is its camera, even on the Iphone 4 the Apple device just doesnt touch it, taking pictures is easy and the built in flash consigns the Iphone 3gs to the bin.

One of the most important and often most forgotten aspects of a devices capabilty is its ability to function as a phone I mean if you want a chuffin Ipod then buy an Ipod!!! The Apple Iphone in my opinion struggles to be a good communication tool, the number of times calls dropped out due to reception or that I just couldnt hear the other person talking due to the poor placement of the ear piece really tested my patience. I am pleased to report that so far my user experience with the Samsung has been a pleasant one, I have not experienced the same issues.

If your contemplating the switch with trepidation I say take the gamble make the jump, I have not regretted it and Im sure you wont, this is a great phone, yes the Apple Iphone 5 is around the corner but lets remember Apple are playing catch up now and I suspect will continue to do so. The other side of the coin is you wont have to sell a kidney to own this phone, the Iphone 5 will undoubtadley come at an unjustified premium especially with phones like this around.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2013 7:42 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 24 Jan. 2010
I have read some of the reviews on here and having used Alli previously I'm looking to order a 28 day batch. If you watch your diet the side effects are very mild. I included some oily fish (Tinned chilli mackeral) on the diet and the morning after was usually quite amusing on a visit to the toilet. I did on occasions eat the odd poor meal but the side effects were a visit to the toilet more frequently than normal. I usually go once a day but if my diet was poor on Alli this would double. I was never caught short though so in the case of some of the reviews on here I can only imagine that their diets could not have been good. If you eat processed foods containing hidden fats your asking for trouble. You need to keep the diet clean with home made fresh produce where ever possible. The weight loss for me was over a stone in six weeks, the last time I used Alli was two years ago. I am on a diet again due to real over indulgence and have been for the last three weeks. So far I have lost nine pounds without Alli but the diet has been very strict only allowing me to consume about 40 grams of fat a day. With the Alli I know I can increase this slightly and ill see an increase in weight loss. I have no problem reaching for the pills they work and I would recommend them, just watch your diet.

10 Minute Solution: Kettlebell Ultimate Fat Burner [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

1.0 out of 5 stars Kettlebell wide birth, 4 May 2009
This is marketed as a kettlebell fat burning workout. Im sorry but it doesnt utilise the kettlebell to its full potential. Firstly the women in the DVD uses a dumbell throughout the workout, hello why not call it a dumbell workout durr!!!! At pertinant points she mentions you can use your kettle bell instead but the kettlebell has so many more ues than a dumbell. I bought this DVD for my wife whilst buying myself a dedicated kettlebell DVD, my wife now uses my dvd which clearly utilises the kettlebell correctly, five mintues with a kettlebell swinging and you know you are working out. The 10 minute workout does not utilise any of the swings which the kettlebell is famous for and thus does not benefit from the total body workout which melt fat. My advise buy a kettlebell but even if your a female looking for a good workout avoid this DVD and purchase a specialist kettlebell book or DVD.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 12:22 PM BST

Hey Ma
Hey Ma

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, 12 April 2008
This review is from: Hey Ma (Audio CD)
I have followed this group since the early days. Personally I felt the band lacked the old sparkle that was apparent under the guidance of Larry Gott. Their last good album (in my opinion) Laid came at a time when James were on the verge of becoming legendary. With Gott out of the frame after this album I felt that they never really tantalised us in the same way. At least until now, its as though somebody has pressed pause since the Laid album and pressed play again now. Yes they are a forty something band but so are some of the fans!! cant see what thats got to do with anything since none of the music today can touch this Album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2008 4:53 PM BST

Wing Chun: Forms [DVD] [2007]
Wing Chun: Forms [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Alan Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 4 Sept. 2006
I have had the pleasure of viewing a DVD made by the late Wong shun Leung which explained the Wing Chun system. Alan Gibson teaches the same lineage of Wing Chun Kung Fu. This video is an absolutely fantastic tutorial aid. If you are already familiar with the system I cannot recomend this DVD enough, if your not and you want to be then buy this. Alan proves he is one of the best teachers in the business with his direct and simple approach to teaching. Here is a man who fully understands the devastatingly effective Wing Chun system completely, this understanding is imparted in this DVD in a simplistic and easily understandable format.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2008 5:43 AM BST