ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Profile for G. L. Parsons > Reviews

Content by G. L. Parsons

G. L. Parsons (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gizmo Dorks Soft Neoprene Zipper Case (Black with Blue Trim) and Clip-on LED Light with Carabiner Key Chain for the Kobo eReader Touch Edition
Offered by Gizmo Dorks
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 12 July 2012
I just wanted a basic case to protect my Kobo when in my handbag and this did the trick. It's slightly bigger than the Kobo so it's never difficult to insert the e-reader into it, but it's not so large that the Kobo's loose or that it doesn't fit in my handbag. The extra pocket is useful for the cable so if going on holiday that's always with it. The added light and carabiner are a bonus :-) Would definitely recommend.

Dewey the Library Cat: A True Story
Dewey the Library Cat: A True Story
by Vicki Myron
Price: 4.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 12 July 2012
Really enjoyed the book, written with kids in mind but it's a fun light read for an adult interested in libraries (yep, I'm a librarian). Nice pictures in the centre too.

GOLD SEQUIN TAILCOAT + BLACK TOP HAT SIZE UK LADIES MENS CABARET FANCY DRESS 8-14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to a fancy dress wardrobe, 28 July 2011
The tailcoat and hat are great value and useful to have in your dressing up box; so far been used for a lion tamer outfit and Columbia (Rocky Horror) but I'm sure there's plenty more. The hat is very good quality and comfortable, very strong and not plastic on the inside that makes you all sweaty. The jacket is very basic in terms of quality - it's very thin, but nevertheless it's *really* sparkly and it seems durable enough. It's also sequins not glitter so doesn't leave gold bits everywhere. I'm a size 10 top and average-chested and the jacket is rather loose - there's one button that does up which means it's a bit baggy but I could add a new buttonhole if I was really bothered.

Kick-Ass [DVD]
Kick-Ass [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chloe Moretz
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, spirited little movie, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Kick-Ass [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed the movie, and whilst it's about (pre-?)teens it's great fun to watch as an adult too. It's a bit silly (but knows it's silly unlike some superhero movies which can take themselves too seriously) and wonderfully entertaining. It's just FUN.

ENO EMT-320 Clip-on Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Violin, Digital Tuner/Metronome *LIMITED DISCOUNT*
Offered by EiioX
Price: 8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 19 Jun 2011
I'm not very musical in a technical way and don't necessarily understand every aspect of this device but it's simple enough to use and tune instruments without knowing much! Clips on very easily, I use for both my ukulele and guitar, and simple to tune to. An essential for me and I'm very pleased with it.

Berlitz: Finnish Pocket Dictionary: Finnish-English = Englanti-Suomi (Berlitz Pocket Dictionary)
by Berlitz
Edition: Turtleback

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect dictionary range, 19 Jun 2011
I love these small Berlitz dictionaries; they're perfect for your handbag or traveling and have plenty of basic vocabulary and handy phrases and grammar overview too. The quality is great, the flexiplastic cover is excellent and the pages very clear and crisp and thick so the dictionary will last. (I've had my Swedish one in my handbag for months and apart from a slightly grubby fingerstain on the outside, it's lasted incredibly well given how I treat it, haven't even ripped or bent a page despite it being thrown about in my bag, it's so well made!)

Complete Finnish (Learn Finnish with Teach Yourself)
Complete Finnish (Learn Finnish with Teach Yourself)
by Terttu Leney
Price: 36.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent course and what I expected, 19 Jun 2011
I've done four of eighteen chapters and finding this course to be just what I expected and needed, really. (I'm learning Finnish for fun and a short holiday, it's providing enough to be confident of getting through everyday situations.) There's a lot of audio accompaniment which is essential in languages, with full conversations and more than you'll understand initially. It explains things in the right level of detail and has good grammar sections, but not so much it scares people off. Personally, as someone with a language degree and with my style of learning, I'd like more grammar sooner, but it starts you off just learning phrases. Their way is the best way - I can skip ahead to read the section on a particular case if needed, but others need not be put off. It's very practical and flexible to take at your own pace. Finnish is hard, yes, but it's not horrendous, and the book does a very good job of making is conquerable!

FoneM8 - HTC Desire Screen Protector (5 Pack) Retail Packed Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 19 Jun 2011
Fits perfectly, easy to put on and not too easy to take off (I pick at things a lot) - but comes off well and cleanly when needed, just not accidentally. Easy to apply, not much you can say about a product so 'basic', but it's great, I'd recommend and use again.

The Ape [DVD]
The Ape [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ollie Sarri
Price: 9.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, I guess, 13 May 2011
This review is from: The Ape [DVD] (DVD)
The film was okay; I think describing it as "a subtle drama" was accurate, it's not really high in action; also, there aren't many characters (and I didn't find myself empathising with any of them). I'm easily distracted from films and it only really held my attention in parts. There was also not too much dialogue and I partly bought it as I'm learning Swedish, so that always disappoints me! It wasn't a bad film, but I can't see myself watching it again.

Room In Rome [DVD] [2010]
Room In Rome [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Elena Anaya
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful film, 12 Mar 2011
This review is from: Room In Rome [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I was uncertain about this film due to the mixed reviews and was concerned it would be perhaps gratuitous and a little shallow. However, I thought it was a fantastic film, excellently made and thoughtfully produced. It follows the two women and how they get to know each other over a precious single night, with what led them to that point and where they intend/intended to go from there. There are explicit parts but they follow the desires and development of the women's relationship and the film in its entirety is certainly a lot deeper than you might expect. I highly recommend it as a touching and beautiful film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3