Profile for ahyern69 > Reviews

"ahyern69"

High Land, Hard Rain
High Land, Hard Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars This album has changed my entire life!!, 21 July 2005
This review is from: High Land, Hard Rain (Audio CD)
Well, I'm a 30-something Asian musician,guitarist and song-writer.By the time highland,hardrain came out<early 80's>I was a captain of my school football team.<an asian version of David watts possibly>I've never intersested in any kind of music before.I've heard dylan,the beatles,and the velvets etc.from my parents but That was about it.I do remember the first time I've heard "oblivious"on radio.I was absolutely blown away.by the freshness of their sounds plus Roddy frame's naively lost-little-boy vocal.and inevitably his brilliance guitar skills I went to the recordshop the next day to buy this album..I've discovered shortly after that.That he was just 17 or something??And me and him havehad the similarmusical heroes such as Mick jones,dylan and Lou reed.and also I was well surprised by his world-weary point of view and poetic lyrics too.After the whole listening I've retired myself from the football team.and started practicing some tunes on my guitarinstead.eventhough I've been listening to loads great bands until to day,My latest favourite are new tarlents like bloc party,babyshambles,the departure or stuff like that.but none of them are touching me deeply in the heart like Aztec camera did back in those days.tracks like walk out to winter are the pecfect ost.for you-and-yer-Missus holiday by the sea.meanwhile song like we could send letter is some kind of nostalgic heart-felt ballado.Which reminded you of your first kiss at yer scoutday summer camp's campfire.and tunes like The bugle sounds again and Release has portrayed Roddy frame's self-doutbe and Imperfection side.and Back on board and down the dip could easily sung by Bob dylan himeself If he was born and raise in Killburn bride In Glasglow.He has shown me a new perspective of Popular music back the era of O.m.d and a flock of seagulls.He was like a breath of fresh air to me.and for me Roddy is god not Clapton!!.