Profile for Keith Middlebrook > Reviews

Content by Keith Middlebrook

Keith Middlebrook

The Middle Kingdom Ride:  Two brothers, two motorcycles, one epic journey around China
The Middle Kingdom Ride: Two brothers, two motorcycles, one epic journey around China
Price: 4.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 22 Feb 2014
This book is quite simply brilliant. Colin and Ryan Pyle describe their adventure around China in a fantastically well written and interesting story. I'm only jealous that I'll never be able to embark on such an inspiring journey myself. Well done to you both, I've loved reading your account of your amazing journey.

Long Way Round
Long Way Round
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Long Way Round (Kindle Edition)
As a fan of the tv shows I wasn't sure whether or not this book would improve my perception of the trip I'd seen on tv, or ruin it.
Improve is an understatement, this book is amazing, and I've loved every minute of reading it, I hope you do too.

12 Countries in 12 days on a 1200
12 Countries in 12 days on a 1200
Price: 1.02

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read, 6 Dec 2013
An easy to read short account of his trip, with witty anecdotes. I found this short book quite an enjoyable read.

Dividing the Great
Dividing the Great
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 30 Aug 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish. Written in such an interesting and informative way, this once in a lifetime adventure is explained brilliantly by the author. Fantastic!

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 14 Jun 2013
The author refers to his own stories as ' proxy articles written by an idiot '. He most certainly is not an idiot and these articles are written with heartfelt honesty, you can tell. Sure, some of these short stories are really short, and vary slightly in quality, but there are 30 of them, and overall they engage you with Daves obvious love, passion and interest in the wonderful world of cycling. If you enjoy cycling of any type I implore you to read this book, I reckon it's a little honest gem!

Boy Racer
Boy Racer
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Boy Racer (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting book about a very interesting cyclist. I'd read the Bradley Wiggins book prior to this, and that was superb ( if not a little rushed to press judging by the slight repetition and grammatical errors !) But this book is fantastic,absolutely fantastic. A thoroughly engaging read about a young man who shows immense determination in a tough sport, with perfectly frank views and opinions about other riders, his teams, and himself. Read this book, you won't be disappointed.

Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 4 Jan 2013
This book had me hooked from the start. A wonderfully told and often quite frank story of an incredible sportsman and his life, from a child up to his amazing tour de France and Olympic victories.
A wonderful insight into the life of a wonderful British ambassador for cycling. Well done Wiggo !