Profile for Catherine Roberts > Reviews

Content by Catherine Roberts

Catherine Roberts (london)

Page: 1 | 2
Rolson 61762 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set (3 Pieces)
Rolson 61762 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set (3 Pieces)

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - self burning torch, 3 Aug. 2013
First of all when I put the batteries into the two hand held torches the one did not work but the other one did. I swapped the batteries around and even changed the parts to try and identify why it did not work. I could not figure it out but I thought that because I had at least one working torch it would be okay as I only needed the one for the use of my up and coming festival. When I returned to the torches about 15min later the one that had been working was very hot to the touch. It was burning up by itself Clearly there was something faulty and it was getting hotter and hotter, almost to the point that when I tried to unscrew it to take the battery out, it was too hot to handle. When I tried later on to get it working, that too was now broken. You should take caution as to where you store them because if it happened to you then I'm not sure what damage it could cause. I am giving it two stars and not the one as I have no issues at all with the head light.

Premier Housewares Striped Cake Stand, Black
Premier Housewares Striped Cake Stand, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern cake stand, 20 April 2013
this was meant to be a gift for a friend beacuse I was looking for quite a modern looking cake stand. I did not read the measurements when buying it so I was rather surprised at how small it was when it arrived. It is 21cm wide. In the end I decided to keep it and I promplty made a cake and served it to friends. They were suitably impressed. On a postitive note, the stand does not take up much storage space and it looks great. Would definitely recommend.

VonHaus 2400W 4Ltr Bagless Cyclonic Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filtration System, Extendible Tube + Crevice/Upholstery Attachment (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Henry but still good value for moeny, 17 Mar. 2013
I have had this vacuum cleaner for a few months now. I think it was good value for money and the fact that it is bagless is definitely where it scores points. It is also compact and that was exactly what I needed as storage space is a premium in my new flat. It was the most powerful cleaner out there for the price I was paying. The problem I have with it is that when you switch to cleaning on the carpet or on the floor. I think I know the setting for vacuuming a flooe but when I switch to use it on the carpet I don't feel that it works well on the carpet. The suction sounds good but it doesn't create a good connection with the carpet so when I vacuum I often have the vacuum towars me rather than in a backwards and forwards motion. The piping also bends very easily resulting the it making a very loud noise so you always know when that has happened.

Hanson HX6000 Union Jack Special Edition Slim Electronic Glass Bathroom Scale
Hanson HX6000 Union Jack Special Edition Slim Electronic Glass Bathroom Scale
Offered by Prime Furnishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 17 Mar. 2013
I use this every single day and it hasn't let me down yet. it is the first time I have owned a digital scale and I love the fact that you can't manipulate the result by leaning to one side etc.

Multi-function digital catering thermometer with probe
Multi-function digital catering thermometer with probe
Offered by Chefline Catering Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 17 Mar. 2013
Great thermometer. Bought it for my work because the ones that we can buy from our supplier are really expensive and I wanted a cheaper but reliable back up..
It's sensitive and works really well. My only concern is that will it last as long because it doesn't feel as durable as the more professional and expensive ones but it hasn't let me down yet.

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars The most powerful and sad story I have ever read, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Kite Runner (Paperback)
This book was given to me as a gift and never ever thought it would have such an affect on me. It was such a good read and couldn't put it down (even through all the tears). I have now bought this twice to give as gifts to other people.

Mixed Colour Rattan Ball Fairy Light String
Mixed Colour Rattan Ball Fairy Light String
Offered by Goodia

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty happy with these pretty lights!!, 17 Mar. 2013
I bought some of these lights used on ebay and now these brand new ones on amazon. The ones from Amazon are definitely bigger and brighter so I am happy with the product and the warm lighting it creates. The only reason why I am giving it 4 stars is that I wish the cord/wiring between the end of the lights and the plug was longer because I want to put them up on the wall right along the ceiling and all the plug sockets are closer to the floor.

Non slip safety mat anti slip under rug rubber underlay
Non slip safety mat anti slip under rug rubber underlay
Offered by Dreamtexa

3.0 out of 5 stars Averagely happy with the result., 17 Mar. 2013
I know that I hardly paid any money for it so I was expecting to get what I paid for. I bought a few to use with my heavier and bigger carpet as well as one to use on my hall runners. I didn't want to spend too much on a product that I wasn't sure was going to work properly so I used two on the bigger heavier carpet which is on a wooden floor and doesn't move around now so a job well done For the hall runners I cut one in half and a put a half under each runner. These carpets are on tiles and they definitely still move around so I'm wondering whether if it is the tiles that are contributing towards it being slippy or the fact that I have used a smaller piece. I won't be buying more to try and figure it out

Taylor's Eye Witness Red Cake Knife and Slice Server Set Ideal Gift
Taylor's Eye Witness Red Cake Knife and Slice Server Set Ideal Gift
Offered by Jas Household Suppliers

5.0 out of 5 stars A much loved gift, 17 Mar. 2013
I bought this for a friend and she absolutely loved it. It is very hard to find a modern/contemporary cake slice without it being too kitsch. I looked on their website at their other products and I knew this was good value for money. They are bothy very sharp so take extra care.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 17 Mar. 2013
It was a little bigger than I was expecting it to be but it really helps control the low temperature on my gas hob. Because of it's size, it also helps balance and keep the smaller pans in place. I use it mainly for my Bialetta Moka coffee maker but also if I want to simmer cook something for a long time. I would consider buying a second one. It gets incredibly hot as well so don't ever touch it.

Page: 1 | 2