Profile for M.F > Reviews

The Lion Guard Return of the Roar
The Lion Guard Return of the Roar
by Disney Book Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase, 14 Dec. 2015
I received my order lovely and fast, very well packaged and sealed. Very happy with my purchase. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

X-Men - Seasons 1 & 2 Boxset [DVD]
X-Men - Seasons 1 & 2 Boxset [DVD]
Dvd ~ Larry Houston

X-Men - Season 3 Boxset [DVD]
X-Men - Season 3 Boxset [DVD]

X-Men - Seasons 4 & 5 Boxset [DVD]
X-Men - Seasons 4 & 5 Boxset [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars I received my order lovely and fast, very well packaged and sealed. Very happy with my purchase. Thank you and Merry Christmas, 14 Dec. 2015

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Blu Ray player and an ABSOLUTE GEM! (^_^), 26 Nov. 2011
I mean no disrespect to reviewer, Dal2011, when I say this, but please do not believe everything you read from dal2011's review. My father (whom is obviously years older than me) taught me that Philips is an excellent quality and reliable brand in electronics and have been on the go in UK for many decades. Of this, I am certain, as we had a Philips TV that lasted us almost 20 years.

Around a month ago, I bought my very first Blu Ray player, being the Philips Blu Ray 2000 model that I'm presently reviewing and is what you see on this page. With my hand on my heart, I can say, without any doubt, that this is an ABSOLUTE GEM of a Blu Ray player, especially as I bought mine on a very special discount offer from my local HMV store. For the price it's being offered at, it grants you superior picture and sound quality and also a wide range of TV screen settings. What's especially cool is that you can make the DVD side of this Blu Ray player region free by simply using the region unlock code that is easily obtainable on Google. With an HDMI cable (an ABSOLUTE BEAUTY! But, is sold separately) connected from the Blu Ray player to an HDTV, you get BREATH-TAKING, CRYSTAL ENHANCED images and SHARP, CRYSTAL sound when watching Blu Ray discs. As a special added bonus, DVDs are upscalled to make them appear to be of High Definition (possibly even as high as 1080p). I can even watch my old Transfomers G.1 DVDs and the images and sound on the screen look so shockingly breath-taking and new, that it's as though they were only made yesterday....and we're talking about a 27 year old cartoon series here....dating all the way back to the 80s.

The only negative that I would give this player is that it very sadly doesn't come with a built-in Wifi (but, of course, I already knew that the day I bought it). So, if you want Internet access for some of your Blu Ray titles containing BD-Live on them, then you have to connect a separate device to it, known as an ethernet. But, honestly though, if you're looking for a Blu Ray player to give you Internet for that purpose, then I highly recommend buying a Blu Ray player with built-in Wifi (wireless connection), as it's a lot less hassle than needing to buy separate, additional devices and you don't have wires all over the place.

Admittedly, my new Blu Ray player and I didn't start off liking each other. When I first began to use my new Philips Blu Ray player from the 2000 series, I thought there was a fault with it because it gives off a very gentle (emphasis on "gentle") clicking sound as the disc spins. However, after doing some research and checking with my local HMV store, it turns out that gentle clicking sounds are actually very common in most Blu Ray players and DVD players too, as it's only the sound of the mechanics moving inside. And, the clicking sound actually becomes addictive and enjoyable to listen to after a short time. But, like I said, it's very gentle (e.g. not loud), so you don't really hear it, unless you're trying to hear it.

This Philips Blu Ray player not only has a beautifully colourful menu screen when choosing from Blu Ray/DVD, set up options or USB, but it especially plays videos and music from USB extremely well. You really need to see it and hear it to believe it.

With all due respect once more, please do not believe all that negative stuff you read from Dal2011's review about Philips being of poor, cheapy quality. Philips may not be the number one top brand in UK. However, they are, and always will be, one of the most trusted and most reliable makers of top quality electronics. They have provided highly beautiful, top quality electronics for many, many decades and it will be an extremely long time before they ever stop doing so. They have never let me down and I don't think they'll let you down either. But, that is only my opinion.

The botton line really is this.....do not decide a product's worth simply on what OTHERS have said about it. In fact, don't even make your decision on this Philips Blu Ray player based upon my words. Buy it and find out first-hand just how superior in quality it really is. I, for one, do not believe you'll regret it. (^_^)