Profile for seaholly > Reviews

Content by seaholly

seaholly (edinburgh scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Killers (A Prosper Snow novel, Book 2)
Killers (A Prosper Snow novel, Book 2)
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait for more, 21 Oct 2011
After reading The Kult I didn't think that the next book could get any better but seriously hoped it would at least be as good. Quite often I find the first book in a series to be the best. Well I was blown away with Killers. The story was extremely fast paced and so well written I felt that I was right there in the story. The description was so good I could imagine the smells and the sounds. In my opinion I felt that Killers was even better than The Kult.Pity I cant give more than 5 stars.******

Broken City
Broken City
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars goodread, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Broken City (Kindle Edition)
Started this book one day and had to finish it the next. The characters and plot are very believable especially as its set in the future. It is full of scenarios that I had previously thought of and it was interesting to see the way the author dealt with them. As the story started to come together ( in a very well thought out way) I was surprised by the whodunit.Which I liked.
The romance wasn't mushy or gushy. Which was also a plus for me.
Overall I really enjoyed this book and will certainly be reading more from this author. I would recoment this book to everyone as there is something there for all.

In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte)
In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait for more, 31 July 2011
Just finished this and already want more.I really love crime fiction but this was more than that.The reference's to the past really brought this book to life. This is good reads kindle book of the month and this is how I discovered it,I'm so glad I did.Well written and fast paced.So fast sometimes I had to catch my breath.

The Cornerstone: A Fast Paced Fantasy Adventure
The Cornerstone: A Fast Paced Fantasy Adventure
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Different, 4 Jun 2011
Very different from anything I've read before. I have read lots of fantasy but this is a very novel idea.
I loved the language and the unlikly hero. I do so hope that there is more to follow in this story. I will indeed be looking out for it. I will also be looking out for more from Nick Spalding who has now become one of my must have authors along with the likes of Stephen king.

Life... With No Breaks: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Memoir
Life... With No Breaks: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Memoir
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars time and sponges, 1 Jun 2011
Started this book today and finished it tonight.Felt like I had met a new friend and had also met up with some old ones.
I felt like I was laughing along with Nick and could hear him reading to me. I have laughed and felt a bit tearfull I must confess.
A brilliant tonic when I needed it most. Fantastic.
Not my usual genre but highly recommend

Witness to Death
Witness to Death

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Witness to Death (Kindle Edition)
just finished this and really enjoyed it. Read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. Loved the way it was written and the high drama kept me on the edge of my seat.Well done Mr White. More please. Will definetely be on the look out.

Truth Dare Kill
Truth Dare Kill

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: Truth Dare Kill (Kindle Edition)
I'm writting this review at the request of my mum. Having raved about my Kindle she finally got one recently and downloaded this book. She read it in one day as she couldn't put it down. There were so many twists and turns that it kept her gripped to the very end.
She said the book was very well written and she would certainly read more of his work. I am off to start it now.

Relentless (Dominion Trilogy #1)
Relentless (Dominion Trilogy #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars wow, 29 Jan 2011
Just finished reading this book and really enjoyed it. So much so that I have just downloaded the next 2. to start today.Agree with the last post the writing needs a bit of polish but the story is brilliant and more than makes up for it.Can't wait to start the next one.

Splinter
Splinter
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner., 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: Splinter (Kindle Edition)
Read this book all in one go on my kindle.Really couldn't work out the ending as lots of twists. Which was great.Highly recommend

The End of Marking Time
The End of Marking Time
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 22 Jan 2011
Bought this book on 2nd jan and read it that day. I thought it was brilliant I have suggested it to my friends and I still think of it yet.

Page: 1 | 2