Profile for LLJ > Reviews

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle 6 Piece Knife Block Set 602019WK
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle 6 Piece Knife Block Set 602019WK
Offered by Bin Babe

5.0 out of 5 stars great set of knives, 28 Jun. 2011
we've had these for a year now and it's because of that fact that I'm writing a review- they are still in great shape, still sharp despite daily use and the wooden block is looking good. A great purchase.

Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just adding to all the great reviews...., 28 Jun. 2011
Bought this because of the great reviews and the fact that it was in the sale at the time. I'm new to electric toothbrushes so i'm afraid i'm only comparing it to a manual.

The design is very cool, it looks great if slightly space-agey! The battery life is pretty good- lasting about a week with 2 people using it twice a day. It comes with one normal size head and one (slightly pointless in my opinion) very small head so if you're buying this for two people, you'll need to buy an extra head. The sanitizer thing is a nice feature but it's not a deal-breaker, I could live without it!

The travel case is great, I dont know if all electric toothbrushes come with this but it's really handy and not much bigger than a glasses cases and has room for the brush and two heads.

Now for the important bit- I bought this becase I had some staining (coffee, smoking etc) and a little gum disease and after about two months of use the gum disease symptoms have gone and the staining is significantly reduced.

The timer thing is really useful reminding you when to switch to another part of your mouth and lasting 2 minutes in total.

I'm now not afraid of going to the dentist (well... LESS afraid shall we say..)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2011 4:38 PM BST

Wonderwise: Yum Yum: A book about food chains
Wonderwise: Yum Yum: A book about food chains
by Mick Manning

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story for use in Science lesson but dont forget the sun!, 28 Jun. 2011
Bought this to use a starting point for a year 4 science lesson on food chains and it worked really well but dont forget to add in that the plant shoot takes energy from the sun!

Modern-Tech Purple Gel Skin Case Cover for Nokia E7
Modern-Tech Purple Gel Skin Case Cover for Nokia E7

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but has one fault, 28 Jun. 2011
this cover looks really good, the colour is lovely and is transluscent so you can still see the phone's branding etc.

The cover is really easy to fit and fits very snuggly, no issues there.

The only problem is that because the plastic is very thick, the home button takes some pressing now for it to work.

Apart from that, great product.

Bodum Travel Mug 0.35 l, 12 oz - Purple
Bodum Travel Mug 0.35 l, 12 oz - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but don't expect it to work like a Thermos, 2 May 2011
Asked for this for my birthday- it's exactly what I want- looks cool and keeps drinks warm for a while! I'm a teacher so I use it in my classroom and it will keep a cup of tea warm from about 8.30-10.00 which isn't as good as a 'proper' Thermos but I didn't intend on taking it camping or anything. It's not leak proof but then it doesn't profess to be. If you like the Bodum brand (I have the matching toaster and kettle) and want something fancy and different to a standard stainless steel one then go for it. Just don't expect piping hot tea for long.

Roberts RD60 Revival DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Up to 120 Hours Battery Life - Duck Egg

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and sounds fantastic, 2 May 2011
Got this for my birthday and I absolutely love it. The sound quality is excellent and has all the stations I need. I usually have it plugged in in the kitchen but sometimes use batteries for when I'm getting ready for work in the morning- i've had it for a month now and the batteries are still going strong. The quality of the build is amazing and it just looks stunning. They aren't cheap but if you're looking for something that sounds AND looks great then this is it.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present EVER, 2 May 2011
I bought this for my Mum for her birthday and she LOVED it. When buying it, I didn't think I'd like one myself, preferring 'real' books. Within an hour of her opening it and setting it up, I was a convert and asked for one for my birthday and I can safely say it's the best gadget I own. I carry it everywhere with me and have to be told to put it down! I opted for a cheaper cover with a goose-neck light to attach on and this serves the purpose and was considerably cheaper than the 'recommended' one (sorry Amazon!). If you're considering but worried about 'cheating on' real books- just do it, you won't look back.

Kodak EasyShare P725 7 inch high-resolution Digital Photo Frame, with 4000 image storage capacity - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by SundayElectronics (Orders Dispatch within 24 Hours Usually)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little frame, 3 Jan. 2011
Bought this for the in-laws for christmas and they loved it. We put some photos on it for them beforehand, did this via a USB stick and didn't even have to look at the instructions- its very simple to use. Its very nicely designed and the screen clarity is good.

Just one thing- check the dimensions before buying. I knew it was a small one but it still seemed even smaller than i'd expected.

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 3 Jan. 2011
Bought this for my Mum for christmas- she LOVES it. I've so far tried the cappuccino and caramel macchiato (both Carte Noire) and the hot choc (Suchard) and they were all delicious. Its super-easy to use and it takes about a minute to make a drink. If you're looking for an excellent machine, which looks good and makes great coffee and you're happy to pay for the expensive discs then I couldn't recommend this any more highly.