Profile for dudey21 > Reviews

Stitch London: 20 Kooky Ways to Knit the City and More
Stitch London: 20 Kooky Ways to Knit the City and More
by Lauren O'Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely gorgeous book!, 27 Feb 2012
This is the book that has finally got me knitting - after many false starts and failed attempts I am now merrily knitting a London Tube Scarf, thanks to this book! The ideas are fab and there are both practical and decorative items. The London theme extends to landmarks, London characters, amimals such as Ravens and Pigeons and I Love London designs for laptop cases and book covers. I thoroughly recommend this book....it is more for the advanced knitter as some projects are complex but that said, I am finding the Tube scarf a perfect project for a beginner!

From Season to Season: A Year in Recipes
From Season to Season: A Year in Recipes
by Sophie Dahl

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed...loved the first book, 16 Sep 2011
I love the first cookbook by Sophie Dahl and eagerly anticipated this - thankfully I looked through a library copy and didn't pre-order it, as I'm very disappointed with the content. I think a lot of these recipes are unrealistic and contain ingredients which are unusual or difficult to come by. Many of the recipes simply don't appeal to me and I don't regard the book as a follow-up to the first one - it's such a shame as I really enjoyed Voluptous Delights but this is definitely not for me
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2011 1:05 PM BST

The Vintage Tea Party Book
The Vintage Tea Party Book
by Angel Adoree

5.0 out of 5 stars very original and wonderfully vintage!, 5 Aug 2011
This book really exceeded any expectations - its so original and there are lots of unique ideas and recipes contained within. I am a big fan of books about vintage, cookery and crafting books and too often the recipes or ideas are seen again and again but this books is like nothing i've seen before! There are a lot of whimsical ideas for party food with a twist and the presentation of the book is fab...its perfect for any vintage fan but also has great content and truly inspiring ideas for a tea party! Cannot recommend this book enough!