Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Live. Love. Laugh." (Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Astounding Antagonists
The Astounding Antagonists

5.0 out of 5 stars Superheroes aren't necessarily all super, 28 Nov. 2014
From the start I was attached to the characters, whether for good or bad. There are a few characters too, but by introducing them slowly Rafael allows you to form a connection and get everything straight in your mind – a good thing in my opinion. Each character and their story allows you to discover more of the world Rafael has created, a modern world with modern problems which are ‘dealt’ with by the various superhero factions. Power & greed are a universal driving force no matter where you’re from.

I’m not one for spoilers so don’t expect me to give away plot details – I want you to go read the book for yourselves. However, I can safely say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this – the plot was exciting, the players interesting and at the end you were left wondering exactly who were the ‘bad’ guys and who were the ‘good’ guys.

You're Awful I Love You
You're Awful I Love You

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird and wonderful, 6 May 2014
This review is from: You're Awful I Love You (Audio CD)
For some reason Lake Ponchatrain was in my Google Music and the song quickly became an earworm that burrowed deep So I ended up buying the album.

Lots of quirky, fun songs that I enjoy listening to.

The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators

5.0 out of 5 stars Join us proud freaks, 6 May 2014
Disclosure: I've been a fan of Chris' work for a while now and have been taking some of his courses for a few months.

This book is another gem from Chris. It gives us permission and tools to be different, to stand out, to follow an untrodden path. I always find inspiration in Chris' work and this book is no exception. There's no bull either, he tells you to take ownership, get off your backside and get on with it without excuses ... or don't and achieve less than your potential.

The only problem with this book was that I had to regularly stop reading it to make notes about how I want to work hard at becoming the proud freak I want to be.

Masquerade
Masquerade
by Sarah-Jane Lehoux

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent continuation of the Sevy series, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Paperback)
Again Ms Lehoux has taken me on a journey of wonder and enjoyment. Here's hoping there's more Sevy to come.

Marry Me Sam
Marry Me Sam

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my usual genre of choice but a fun read, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Marry Me Sam (Kindle Edition)
I know the author and bought this out of support and curiosity (plus she's adorable).

I normally read sci-fi/fantasy or non-fiction so this was quite a departure for me. I started it wondering what lay ahead and ended up glad I'd read it. The characters are engaging and the storyline intriguing enough while still maintaining a sense of fun and frolics. Who is Sam going to marry? The answer is not as straightforward as you might think.

It's a modern-day romance with just that bit more to keep a reader's interest. Written from different character perspectives you get an insight into the minds of each that a third person narrative might not be able to convey. Families & friendships are not always harmonious but the good relationships stand the test of time & overcome the problems.

The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Notetaking
The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Notetaking
by Mike Rohde

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great and informative book, 13 Jan. 2013
I'd seen Mike Rohde talking about sketchnoting on Twitter so followed him to find out more. I was very excited to learn the book was coming out soon.

I'm a "take copious notes and never read them again" kind of person. Frantically writing everything down, missing half the actual conversation or lecture and then looking back ages later (if at all) and wondering "why did I write that?"

Sketchnotes have enabled me to make better notes that I can recall easily, I'm a visual person so remember things by picturing the page words are written on etc. This is often difficult of impossible but so much easier when I can sketch something. Mike also talks about active listening which is something I needed to know.

I am no artist but this book enables you to create visuals without an art degree using simple shapes and ideas.

Initially I am practising my sketchnoting by watching TED talks and other presentations on YouTube.

Kensington Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer - Compatible with PowerPoint and KeyNote

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 13 Jan. 2013
I'm not over-fond of giving presentations but had no choice on this occasion. As I have Essential Tremors I do find it difficult to operate a mouse & click through slides when I'm under pressure. This device was brilliant. Natural to hold, easy to set up and a breeze to use.

HMDX HX-P230PUA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Purple
HMDX HX-P230PUA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, mostly, 13 Jan. 2013
** I am not sure whether the problems I am having are to do with the device or with my Nexus 7 but sometimes the music skips/slides **

It's easy to set up, quick to connect, the sound is great for the price and I can now listen to music anywhere.

Livescribe Pro Charging Cradle (for use with Livescribe Pulse Smartpens)
Livescribe Pro Charging Cradle (for use with Livescribe Pulse Smartpens)

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it's supposed to, 13 Jan. 2013
I wanted a replacement cradle for my Livescribe pen. This does what it's supposed to and I have no complaints.

Super Women of Lancashire: Celebrating the stories of ordinary women who chose entrepreneurship

5.0 out of 5 stars about time we celebrated, 13 Jan. 2013
A collection of personal experiences from women who have set up their own businesses in Lancashire in the last few years.

Well worth a read to gain inspiration if you're not sure whether to take the plunge yourself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4