Profile for R J Turney > Reviews

Content by R J Turney

R J Turney

Fatal Boarding
Fatal Boarding

4.0 out of 5 stars The pace of the novel is fine, but for me there was a bit too ..., 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fatal Boarding (Kindle Edition)
No rip roaring battles in space; this is more a who dunnit when things go wrong when a abandoned mystery space ship is found. The pace of the novel is fine, but for me there was a bit too much explanatory background at times. There were also some typos using "where" instead of "were" which surprisingly is more disruptive to the reading than one would think. Importantly the book kept me interested right through to the end. I will read the reminder in the series.

Only Fools and Horses Trotter Van Wireless Mouse
Only Fools and Horses Trotter Van Wireless Mouse
Offered by Only Fools and Horses Fan Club

4.0 out of 5 stars he liked it and thought it cool, 18 Feb. 2015
A present for my grandson, it worked well, he liked it and thought it cool.

1.5m External High Speed 3 GIG eSATA - eSATA Cable
1.5m External High Speed 3 GIG eSATA - eSATA Cable
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable purchase, 21 Jun. 2014
Cable arrived promptly and in good condition. Unable to use so far as I need to change the SATA 2 backplate on my machine to ESATA backplate.

Ark Royal
Ark Royal

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ark Royal (Kindle Edition)
I liked the story; I did not try to analyse it, I just took it as it came and found an enjoyable read. Sometimes there were some descriptive bits which I just scanned through and there was a love interest that would have been better left out. I will buy the sequel if there is one.

On Silver Wings
On Silver Wings

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: On Silver Wings (Kindle Edition)
I like the way Evan Currie writes his stories, he manages to maintain a level of excitement all through the book.

Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)
Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A well told story, 14 Jan. 2014
Evan Currie has the happy knack (for me) to write such that I do not want to stop reading until I get to the end of the book.

Valkyrie Rising (On Silver Wings Book 2)
Valkyrie Rising (On Silver Wings Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Need one more Valkyrie, 14 Jan. 2014
Evan Currie said (I think) that this was the last in the Valkyrie series. It really needs one more to finish the saga.

I like the general story line and the telling of the story from both sides of the conflict which I would have liked to see more of.

Evan Currie is a good story teller.

Death by Honeymoon (Caribbean Murder Series, Book 1)
Death by Honeymoon (Caribbean Murder Series, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 16 Dec. 2013
I enjoyed the book enough to buy some other novels in this series; however I did skip quite a few pages where I thought the description of the widow's depression went on a bit too much for me.

Battle Earth VII
Battle Earth VII

3.0 out of 5 stars The pace is slackening, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Battle Earth VII (Kindle Edition)
I liked the early books because they were full of action. Now with Book 7 the story is getting drawn out so that it takes a whole book to progress one step in the saga.