Profile for msJbs > Reviews

msJbs

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Michael Marra: live on tour 2010
Michael Marra: live on tour 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars first described to me as Scotland's answer to Tom Waits ..., 18 May 2015
first described to me as Scotland's answer to Tom Waits, which is what drew me to him. Storyteller singer sadly no longer here to write more, lovely melifluous voice. will get more.

Prokofiev & Shostakovich: Cello Concertos
Prokofiev & Shostakovich: Cello Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep on listening to it,, 18 May 2015
I keep on listening to it,

Joseph Haydn - Sonates
Joseph Haydn - Sonates
Offered by mixeduponline

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Joseph Haydn - Sonates (Audio CD)
vintage Gould

Gilead
Gilead
by Marilynne Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully crafted writing., 18 May 2015
This review is from: Gilead (Hardcover)
exquisite writing from an old man to his son. I read Home first though it was written after, it's a different view of the same story and I don't think it matters in which order you read them. I can't imagine reading this without knowing the other story.

Not yet finished Gilead left but enough through to know the fineness of the writing. Not a book for someone who likes action, internal dialogue to be read at a future date.

Suzuki Cello School Cello Part Vol 1
Suzuki Cello School Cello Part Vol 1
by Dr Shinichi Suzuki

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, lovely progressions through the pieces, 7 Feb. 2015
love it, lovely progressions through the pieces, nice pieces to play, really well presented. I got it because I've started to do grades as an adult beginner, and some of the pieces safe in here, but would have enjoyed it regardless.

Violoncello Music for Beginners, Vol. 1 for cello & piano
Violoncello Music for Beginners, Vol. 1 for cello & piano
by Endre Lengyel

5.0 out of 5 stars worthy of the title classic beginners book., 7 Feb. 2015
classic beginners cello book. Lovely. 'proper' music that feels really worth playing; 2 novice cellists here - one old , one young, and we both enjoy it.

Why Beethoven Threw the Stew: And Lots More Stories About the Lives of Great Composers
by Steven Isserlis

5.0 out of 5 stars great dip, 7 Feb. 2015
Steven Isserlis passes on the stories he learnt about these composers after his first cello teacher suggested he make friends with the composers. Great book to dip into for anyone interested in music. I got it for our 3 music making children but everyone dips into it and comes up with another "ooh, did you know that..." moment

Suzuki Cello School Piano Accompaniment Volume 1: 001 (Suzuki Method Core Materials)
by Dr Shinichi Suzuki

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely workbook, 7 Feb. 2015
I'm an adult novice player and this is a lovely workbook. I've decided to start taking grades, hence my purchase but I'm enjoying it for it's own sake.

Clarks Women's Emery, Retro, Medium, Black Shoe Blue Size: 7 UK
Clarks Women's Emery, Retro, Medium, Black Shoe Blue Size: 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars fab shoe, 30 Jun. 2014
i loved this shoe, great blue on shoe though not so keen on sole blue, however this was too big for me so I had to send it back. If it had been right size I would prob have kept it despite it being wrong colour for dress I wanted it to go with as it's such a funky shoe; but because I would have had to order a new size, moderation prevailed and I sat on my hands to prevent ordering the right size despite everything. If it's what you need, get them, they are gorgeous!

PIkolinos Calabria 7124, Women Desert Boots, Blue (Nautic), 7 UK (40 EU)
PIkolinos Calabria 7124, Women Desert Boots, Blue (Nautic), 7 UK (40 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, if you have long narrow feet, 4 May 2014
These are really beautiful shoes if your feet are the right shape for them, guttingly I don't. They are made from lovely soft leather which will mould fabulously to your feet. The disadvantage is that it will show every odd bit of fit and highlight it, so they made my little toes look enormous and oddly positioned, and my big toes looked like they stuck up way off the end of the shoe. I think my feet are fairly average width these days, having been really narrow as a kid, but they sadly looked like clods in these. oh to have fairy feet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3