Profile for valeria > Reviews

Content by valeria

valeria

I promessi sposi (Italian Edition)
I promessi sposi (Italian Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars rating the kindle version, 25 Mar. 2013
I mainly hate this kindle version because you cannot skip to the individual chapters using the square central button. It seems like a very cheap job they've done.
Ok it's a cheap version but reading quality isn't good. The book itself is good, I read it in high school and remembered it better than it appeared to be this time round.

Faber-Castell Faber-Castell Left Handed School Fountain Pen - Pink
Faber-Castell Faber-Castell Left Handed School Fountain Pen - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, 2 Oct. 2012
Writes smoothly, has a beautiful design (despite the pink colour, but yu can't have everything in life, can you?) and is very light to use.
I really like the hollow body, so you can see the progression of ink usage on the cartridge.
I highly recommend it to anyone left-handed that has been looking for ages for an entry level fountain pen.

A Practical Guide for Translators (Topics in Translation)
A Practical Guide for Translators (Topics in Translation)

2.0 out of 5 stars A little outdated, 23 Jun. 2012
I came across this book and decided to give it a go, unfortunately didn't enjoy it that much, although it gave me some insights.
Perhaps it's a little outdated and focusing on the business side of translation- I ended up skipping parts.

KERI Part 1: The Early Years (Child Abuse True Stories)
KERI Part 1: The Early Years (Child Abuse True Stories)

4.0 out of 5 stars a chilling and brave reconstruction, 23 Jun. 2012
This book doesn't belong to the genres I usually read, but I am glad I've noticed and downloaded it.
It is incredibly chilling and eye opening, as many others have pointed out before me it feels wrong to say it's good given the facts that happened to the author but I definitely enjoyed it.I couldn't put it down, despite sometimes having to take breaks for the crudity of the events. Perhaps the length could have been shorter to make it a little bit more accessible (and a bit more editing wouldn't have hurt either) but I'd definitely recommend it. Bow to the author for her courage and strength in coming out with what happened to her.

Braun Oral-B Triumph 4000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Triumph 4000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars really good buy, 26 Feb. 2011
this is a good elctric tootbrush, I was quite skepric at the beginning, now it won me over. Despite not being a sonic one, it is good value for price and the three different heads are definitely a plus.