Profile for K. Lin > Reviews

Content by K. Lin

K. Lin "katy :)" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Your Love Is Strong
Your Love Is Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Your Love Is Strong (MP3 Download)
Have thoroughly enjoyed repeatedly looping this song in the car for those days I'm needing a bit of encouragement. Love this cover.

We Are Not Alone
We Are Not Alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fave RS song, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: We Are Not Alone (MP3 Download)
I wish these guys were more well known. But then I couldn't keep all their great music to myself! I hope to purchase the rest of the songs on their album soon!

Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
Offered by A Place For Everything

3.0 out of 5 stars For a wedding gift, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
I assume my newly wed friends have found much frequent and effective use of this when I purchased from their wedding list! Apologies it isn't first hand but as I've not had any complaints I can only score this neutrally! Great for splitting your colours, darks and whites :)

German For Dummies
German For Dummies
by Edward Swick
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for beginners who don't learn we'll with speak and repeat exercises, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: German For Dummies (Audio CD)
Have this on in my car for journeys to and from work. As it is difficult anyway to repeat words and phrases without the phonetically spelling in front of me, it isn't perhaps the most effective way of learning quickly and accurately. Perhaps ok for those who supplement this listening and aural tool with reading and writing as I consider all of the above equally important when learning a language and wanting to take it seriously without sounding daft, especially in front of native speakers of the language. Overall, ok but prefer classroom and textbook teaching to accompany.

The Legend of Sir Francis Windermere
The Legend of Sir Francis Windermere

4.0 out of 5 stars Playful yet meaningful, 23 Feb 2013
I'm one for judging books by their cover. I enjoyed the colourful illustrations on the cover and throughout the text of my Kindle version. As much attention was given to the illustrations and images as to the actual main text itself, I felt that it complemented the tale very well. Because of this cover, I had assumed to be rolling along at a slow pace with the story that wouldn't have much depth to it. I was proved wrong! It is actually a read that's more suited to adults once I took the time to read it. It evokes something similar inside of me to when I watch The Lion King with my younger sisters or cousin, I'm now a professional adult but I liked the length, and the idea of this little man dealing with issues that are perhaps not too far from reality with quite a bitter sweet ending. I love that I can read again and again without it feeling tedious. Yes, I can read it in one sitting, and that's probably why I would like to take it off the shelf, or browse for it specifically if I want a short but satisying read. Only thing I would comment on is perhaps the cover and images create an illusion that it is suitable for children but there are a few 'topics' in this that might not be relevant or suitable to a child in the same way it would for an adult. All in all, much enjoyed and I would like to see similar stories in the category.

Winter Snow (Feat. Audrey Assad)
Winter Snow (Feat. Audrey Assad)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Oct 2012
I wish Audrey was better known on the Christian artists radar. But then again I couldn't keep it all to myself and enjoy it knowing it isn't being 'mainstreamed' :) I love Audrey's beautifully pure voice and I was pleased to find this on YouTube very close to when it started to snow in the UK so it was perfectly apt. Both Tomlin and Assad's voices work well together and I look forward to another Christmas song soon. Glad to find this song as it's not on the albums I have of theirs.

In Christ Alone
In Christ Alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: In Christ Alone (MP3 Download)
I love this song and I struggled to find female versions of this to help me with worship leading. Glad I bought this golden oldie and it will continue to be one of my favourite worship songs.

Poems, Poems Everywhere.....but not a thing to rhyme!
Poems, Poems Everywhere.....but not a thing to rhyme!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, genuine and real, 28 Oct 2012
I've only read through a couple of the poems so far but I know that this beautiful poetry was not written to be sophisticated or to be exuberant in delivery, but to be a mirror into the heart of the writer. I love that the simplicity captures the main emotions at the time it was written and I look forward to reading more of these.

I like that I can go back to the poems later on and have the 'ah ha!' moments.

I encourage you to support this author.

Kitchen Craft 1.5 L Home Made Stoneware Pudding Basin
Kitchen Craft 1.5 L Home Made Stoneware Pudding Basin
Offered by Colanders

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my family Christmas pudding!, 27 Nov 2011
It is slightly larger than expected, but is exactly as specified and great value for money, especially when competing with high street. Has the ridge that is characteristic to a pudding bowl and it was very sturdy and well-made. Currently housing a yummy Christmas pudding.

FLASH SUPERSTORE BLACKBERRY 9105 PEARL 2 LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR AND SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN BLACK STARS
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

3.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On The Tin, 18 Oct 2010
Very speedy delivery but only received one screen protector, as opposed to 2 as described. Also, some of the black is starting to come off but not terrible, as I bought the case to protect. Does the job and cheap and cheerful.

Page: 1 | 2