Profile for Maxien > Reviews

Content by Maxien

Maxien (Cheltenham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
My Perfect Wedding Planner Free (Kindle Tablet Edition)
My Perfect Wedding Planner Free (Kindle Tablet Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars limited use rendering it useless., 5 Aug. 2013
It has very limited use. I was only able to add 10 guests to the guest list which included the bride and the groom before it asks for payment to upgrade. The app looks good but with it being so limited it made it useless. A complete waste of a download and time.

Cozi Family Organizer
Cozi Family Organizer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cozi Family Organizer (App)
This would have 5 stars if it wasn't present with American holidays that can't be deleted. However it is fantastic. My partner and I no longer have to sit and exchange dates in our diaries with each other, we just add them to this calender instead.

Monster Pet Shop
Monster Pet Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Monster Pet Shop (App)
It's a very good game but it does get a little tedious at times. Maybe something to have the pets interact with each other? But I have played this on several platforms and still like it.

DIY Weddings® Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)
DIY Weddings® Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 27 Feb. 2013
This is a subscription magazine. You get a free trial but it has automatic renewal so unless you can remember when to cancel you will find yourself losing money. This download doesn't even let you access anything unless you accept to take the trial with automatic renewal so I cannot comment on how good the app is. The fact that nothing is viewable without subscription warrants a 1 star rating... I would have given it zeroing I could.

Stirred with Love
Stirred with Love

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring., 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Stirred with Love (Kindle Edition)
I thought this would be a little bit humorous. Even just a smidgen.But I was wrong. It was terribly boring! I didn't even want to finish it and I'm so glad I didn't pay for it but I'm gutted that I wasted a month's Prime rental on it.

It's clichè'd to the brim and the characters, even though the writer tried to make them exciting and fun, completely lacked it. What a waste of time and effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED it!, 17 Aug. 2012
I really enjoyed it! I want more! I see this author becoming one of my favourites amongst, James Herbert, Tess Gerritsen, and Stephen King.

For a debut this was excellent. Edge of my seat, didn't want to put it down and even though I don't spook easily, this managed to get me looking over my shoulder. Loved it!

I would like to say that I don't understand how the very few who have reviewed this and given negatives about it. They claim to be athiest so couldn't get their heads around the Bible and demons part of it. But they fail to realise the main character was not a believer either. You don't have to believe to understand a fictional story. Do these people believe in Aliens and Predators? Yet I'm guessing they loved the movies. I think SOME atheists should get over their lack of belief and just try to go with the FICTIONAL story instead of fighting against it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED it!, 17 Aug. 2012

Essential Cell Biology
Essential Cell Biology
by Bruce Alberts

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for those doing biology, plant and animal., 26 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Essential Cell Biology (Paperback)
This was part of my reading list for University and i can see why the tutors asked us to buy it. It is clean cut, easy to understand, doesn't confuse and has some brilliant diagrams which help you to understand what is being written. The media disk is helpful too and the images will be great for assignments too because they will be easy to reference.

A must if you are a biology student, whether you are doing biology or human biology, it has everything you need, there will be no need to buy any other book.

A Short Guide to Writing About Biology
A Short Guide to Writing About Biology
by Jan A. Pechenik

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsend, 26 Sept. 2009
I have bought and read so many study guides and most have been fantastic but being a student of Human Biology and Biomedical Science i needed soemthing that would help me get through my assignments and exams as a scientist. I have little knwledge of scientific writing and was panicing about how i would complete assignments, but this book arrived this morning and after half hour of reading i can honestly say that my fears are rapidly disappearing.

It has endless scenarios, shows you how to generate hypothesis, write up statistics, compare and contrast scientific information, how to write up citations, gives you a few basic report structures and explains how you should do them and what should go into them.

This is one of my most excellent buys, money well spent.

Catch Up Chemistry: For the Life and Medical Sciences
Catch Up Chemistry: For the Life and Medical Sciences
by Mitch Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those with litle chemistry knowledge, 26 Sept. 2009
I didn't do chemistry A level at school and after being accepted onto my University course i realised one of my modules would be on chemistry. This book was part of my reading list so i did not hesitate to buy it and i am so glad i did. It is easy to understand and the explanations are great. Hopefully this book will get me through my chemistry module without any hiccups.

Page: 1 | 2