Profile for PAB > Reviews

Content by PAB

PAB

2014 Rayzor Professional UV400 Double Lensed Ski / SnowBoard Goggles, With a Matt Black Frame and an Anti Fog Coated, Vented Blue Iridium Mirrored Anti-Glare Wide Vision Clarity Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs Oakley's, 2 Feb 2014
I am a big Oakley's fan (5 pairs of sun glasses and 1 set of goggles) and wanted a good looking pair of reflective goggles for my up and coming ski holiday. I really couldn't justify another pair of 100+ Oakley's for just 1 week a year so he'd a look around and found these. Reports were good but I still thought they can't be that good at this price but took a punt anyway. Well, I have just returned from skiing and have to say these were excellent. Not only did they look really good on (very important for us skiers) but the lens quality and performance was brilliant. They worked really well on the really sunny days but I was surprised to find that they continued to work right down to quite poor light levels. I really only had to swap to yellow goggles when the sun was completely obliterated. Simply a really great product!

Lenovo S6000 10.1-inch Tablet (Black) - (Quad Core 1.2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x camera, Android 4.2)
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great tablet, 2 Feb 2014
I do a lot of static bike training over the winter months and often use training videos or just watch a film when I'm doing it, and although we have a shared iPad, I had to keep changing the videos over as other members of the family also stored stuff on the iPad; so I wanted a cheap alternative to store and play all of training videos. I looked at quite a few devices and went for the S6000.

I have to say this is a great device and fantastic value (I paid 170). Size and weight are good (slightly wider but a similar weight to our ipad2). Quality of the build is good and the screen resolution is plenty good enough. I purchased a separate 32gb micro SD card so now have a 48gb device
for under 200. The SD cards can be swapped out so after skiing the other day, I just took the SD card from my head cam, popped it in the SD slot and watched the video footage.. brilliant. The android interface isn't as nicely presented as the apple interface but on the plus side, no more itunes! Sound quality from the on board speakers is adequate but fine through headphones. The only slight concern is the wireless connection. Wireless was available in our hotel but was a bit sketchy. Both the ipab and my Nokia phone would connect but the s6000 wouldn't. I haven't had problems else where so not sure what the problem was.

For those that just want a great value tablet then I highly recommend they consider this device.