Profile for T. Lee > Reviews

Content by T. Lee

T. Lee "renderz" (Buckinghamshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rogue FlashBender 3-in-1 Honeycomb Stacking Grid System
Rogue FlashBender 3-in-1 Honeycomb Stacking Grid System

5.0 out of 5 stars Put some drama in your lighting., 26 Jan. 2015
These have made a difference when I need to create mood lighting when out on location. They really add drama to my photos.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 1600 CL 9.0 16GB Memory Kit - Red (4x 4GB, DDR3, Quad Channel, Intel XMP Certified)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... over a year now and they are still running perfect. No problems at all, 26 Jan. 2015
I've had these installed in my workstation rig for over a year now and they are still running perfect. No problems at all. No glitches errors or overheating issues (I have a temperature gun to measure temps). Now that I'm editing and rendering huge video projects I'll be looking to get an additional 16GB to install into my rig; I intend to buy these GSkills again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and cool., 24 July 2014
These have been spinning in my Synology 1010 NAS unit for 30 days with out every missing a beat. I've configured the NAS to be in RAID 0, which techies will know, has zero redundancy. The photos on the NAS are not the only copies (I have approx 30TB of storage space as my disposal).

Anyway, they run quiet... make that very quiet and don't get hot!

I intend to buy more at some point when I get a bit more money to build a mega server; I will be feeding that server with these WD Reds.

Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm
Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm
Offered by NOCTUA - Designed in Austria

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a massive "fan" of these and "Noct" any others., 24 July 2014
I will always buy Noctua from now on. I've tried literally a dozen other high end brands, but the Noctuas always out perform. I tried to the others hoping the cheaper fans would perform just as nicely, but even fans just a few pounds less were no where near as good. GO NOCTUA!!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but too noisy., 24 July 2014
Put it this way, after being inside my water cooled PC rig for a couple of weeks I could not stand the noise they made.

I bought three fans, one of them made a rattling noise once it hit 1000RPM. Really annoying.

I couldn't return them as I destroyed the packaging. I replaced them with Noctuas which are far far superior! I do not recommend these.

Modern Chrome Daylight Reading Task Adjustable Desk Lamp - Supplied With 1 x 3w LED Energy Saving GU10 Bulb
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and bright., 24 July 2014
It's bright, stylish and doesn't get that hot much after several hours use. My only complaint would be the mains cable is too short. I would have liked another 50cm personally.

230v AC to 12/5v DC 4pin Molex 2A Adapter
230v AC to 12/5v DC 4pin Molex 2A Adapter
Offered by Coolerguys dot com

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 pin beauty!, 24 July 2014
Works as intended, more importantly it has power to all 4 pins; I bought a previous one which only had two powered pins which was pointless! This is a bit more expensive, but it powers everything nicely. Even my Water Cooling pump.

TP-LINK TG-3468 Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter
TP-LINK TG-3468 Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in, works.. bosh!, 29 May 2014
The NIC on my motherboard failed so i was looking for a cheap network card. This was highly recommended on Amazon and because it's dirt cheap I bought one. It works, it's nothing fancy, it's nothing special in performance but it's solid.

500ml Squeezy Bottle for filling Watercooling Systems
500ml Squeezy Bottle for filling Watercooling Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential to fill my water loop, 28 May 2014
Because I have a XSPC 170 reservoir, I needed something that allowed me to fill my loop in a tight space. This very simple little bottle makes it so easy. I thought initially it would take me a while to fill, but by cutting a bigger hole at the end of the thin pipe, I could force more water out quicker. It's not cheap for what it is, but it makes my life that little bit easier!

NZXT Sentry LXE External Aluminum Touch Screen Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry LXE External Aluminum Touch Screen Fan Controller
Offered by PCSuppliers

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little gimmick, but needs an updated version., 28 May 2014
This is my list of things to make this fan controller into a 5 star product:

- a more responsive/sensitive touch interface. I often have to 'stab' the screen to make any changes commit.
- a better viewing angle.
- more watts per channel. it struggled when I tried to fit 6 fans on controllers 1,2 and 3.
- bigger + & - buttons. I have no idea why those buttons are tucked away in the bottom left corner when they are the most frequently press buttons, which brings me to my next point
- remove time and date. There is absolutely no need to have time and date on a fan controller!!

Ultimately, if someone were to ask me would I buy one knowing what I know now, then my answer would be no. It looks pretty, it works well enough but there are better fan controllers out there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3