Profile for L. Barraclough > Reviews

L. Barraclough (UK)

Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot
Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with purchase, 21 July 2012
I was looking for a travel cot but also something to bridge the gap between the Moses basket and baby going in his own room. When it first arrived I was really disappointed with the weight. It is really heavy, I almost sent it back because of this.

Once set up however the cot is great, it feels very sturdy and secure. The bassinet is great for my 11 week old and apparently suitable for up to 6 months. The mattress recommended for the cot also fits snuggly in the bassinet. I thought the changing mat fixture would be a bit of a gimmick but it is also very good.

One thing I would say is that the instructions weren't that helpful and it took about 20mins to set this up the first time. Second time it was really quick. Would highly recommend this cot overall. Incidently asked for free standard delivery so was impressed when cot arrived the next day!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym
Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves this, 10 July 2012
I was a little hesitant to buy this because it is quite pricey. I am really pleased I went ahead and bought it. My baby has been using it from six weeks. He is now 10 weeks and loves batting the toys usually with a big grin on his face. The music and jungle sounds are quite pleasant to listen to for me as well.

I found the gym easy to assemble and the mat is washable / easy to wipe clean. I have not tried to take it apart and I am not sure this is even possible as the components fit together very securely. Overall I am delighted with this purchase, would be even better if it was a bit cheaper!

Lecture Notes: General Surgery
Lecture Notes: General Surgery
by Harold Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 28 Jan 2007
I agree with the previous reviews, this book is excellent. It is very comprehensive and has more than sufficient detail for medical students and beyond. One of the best aspects of this book is its readability and clarity. A must for a surgically inclined medical student or F1/2

Clinical Anatomy: a Revision and Applied Anatomy for Clinical Students
Clinical Anatomy: a Revision and Applied Anatomy for Clinical Students
by Harold Ellis

4.0 out of 5 stars Clinical Anatomy, 21 Jan 2007
I really struggle with anatomy and have used a number of books to try and help me shed light on this subject. This book is one of the better ones I have found. The line drawings are clear and unfussy and the text is well broken down into managable chunks. There are plenty of clinical examples included which make the anatomy more relevant and understandable. I am not sure this book contains the level of detail needed for MRCS candidates but it is certainly sufficient for medical students.

Lecture Notes: Emergency Medicine
Lecture Notes: Emergency Medicine
by Chris Moulton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for Emergency Medicine, 4 Dec 2006
With upcoming finals I am a recent convert to the Lecture Notes series of textbooks. This book on Emergency Medicine did not disappoint. It has an extremely clear, logical approach to the subject material. There are plenty of summary boxes throughout the text that contain invaluable snippets of information and management plans for acute medical problems. I also was pleased to see the 2005 Resuscitation Council UK algorithms included in this latest edition. The book contains an extensive number of topics including ENT, Opthalmology and Obs / Gynae which makes it a good value 'all-rounder'. My only criticism would be that the book could do with slightly more diagrams, however those that are included are relevant and clear. I would recommend this book to all clinical medical students and foundation doctors doing placements in emergency medicine.