ARRAY(0xaaff9d5c)

Content by Bentley Boys

Bentley Boys

Veho VCC-004-ATOM Muvi Atom Super Micro DV Camcorder - Black
Veho VCC-004-ATOM Muvi Atom Super Micro DV Camcorder - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Battery Life, 29 Mar 2011
This is the second Atom I have ordered. The first was returned as faulty with distorted image recording (not ordered via Amazon). Unfortunately this one will have to go back as well, but this time for a refund.

For me the fundamental flaw is battery life. The reason for buying the Muvi Atom was to use during my regular cycle rides as an 'insurance' and evidence gatherer against reckless car drivers. You'd be amazed at the amount of times I've been hit, physically or verbally abused and unfortunately it seems to be getting worse - and I don't ride in the city!

The claimed battery life of 1 hour was not ideal but I felt would capture the majority of my ride. After charging fully (to a solid red LED) my first test ride captured 9 minutes of video. My second test was to simply fully charge the battery and switch on recording at a fixed point at home, this time performance was better but still only lasted 35 minutes. On both occassions the battery had fully expired.

It's a shame really as everything else about the Muvi Atom concept is great; it's small, well built and simple to use.

It's also worth noting that the technical support I received from Veho UK regarding my first problem unit was 1st Class. They responded promptly (within a couple of hours) and following review of my video footage confirmed that I had a faulty unit.

For those who only wish a capture short amounts of footage I would recommend the Atom but for me it's not fit for purpose.