Profile for Sandywr > Reviews

Monster High Draculaura Ghouls Rule Doll
Offered by LINEN IDEAS
Price: 32.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Draculaura, 1 Dec 2012
Bought for a 7 year old who absolutely loved it. Slightly stronger than others I have seen and comes with a mask, skeleton pet/friend and a basket ( which might be a culdron). Prices really varied on this item. We paid 22.50 which I felt was a fair price. I do think my daughter would give it a 10 out of 10.

LEGO Dino 5886: T-Rex Hunter
LEGO Dino 5886: T-Rex Hunter
Offered by Hot Deals 4 Less
Price: 84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: LEGO Dino 5886: T-Rex Hunter (Toy)
My 11 year old has just started watching the King Kong movies so this was as near as I could get.

I was VERY Very impressed with the size of the helicopter and T rex. At 11 he was able to assemble this in a few hours but this is the first set that has not been taken apart to be remade. Would recommend this as good value and I have now bought the HQ pack for his christmas.

LEGO Monster Fighters 9464: The Vampyre Hearse
LEGO Monster Fighters 9464: The Vampyre Hearse
Offered by BestChoice
Price: 31.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster Fighters- Vampyre Hearse, 13 Nov 2012
Bought for my lego fanatic 11 year old. This was his first pack in this set and he was impressed with the figures, glow in the dark stickers and coffin catapult. Lego is expensive but I did feel this pack was good value for money.

NEW IMPROVED 8Gb Fineslate T01E 7" MULTITOUCH tablet, with Capacitive screen, ANDROID 4.0 ('Ice-cream Sandwich'), NOW WITH 1.5Ghz Processor with Gmail, Facebook, iPlayer new Google Play Market (UK App Market) - LOWEST PRICE 8Gb CAPACITIVE SCREEN ANDROID 4 Tablet on AMAZON

5.0 out of 5 stars Fineslate T01E 7" Andriod 4.0, 11 Nov 2012
Firstly I bought this product before the "New improved apps" were introduced but as far as I can see the basic spec is the same.

I spent a month trying to find a tablet for my 10 years old in the right price bracket (that would also send to Europe)and this is the one I finally decided on. Yes I was worried about the negative reviews but I also noted that the company were contactable and ready to back up their product.

The tablet arrived in very good time and was well packaged.

Having no instructions not even a "here is the on button" or "charge up for x amount of hours before switching on" is a bit daunting but luckily a previous review had a very good guide and I would suggest you read "FASTDRUID's" instructions if you are buying this. ( by the way to switch it on for the first time you have to press the on button at the side and hold in for 30-40 seconds and then wait til the main screen comes on which takes another minute or so).

Once turned on I was very impressed with the picture quality and the easy of the lay out. It connected directly with our internet and came with an 3 pin and 2 pin plug so we are able to connect directly to a European power supply. We bought a 16gb memory chip to put some videos on and I added some songs and a couple of games. We haven't found it particularly slow in loading apps or on the internet.

My son has played with it none stop for 2 weeks now and loves it. He reckons it goes for an hour before needing recharging but as he is not allowed to take this out of the house this is not really an issue.

Although we have still to test the durability of the product I think this is an excellent price for an excellent little tablet.

BrainBox - The World
BrainBox - The World
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brainbox- The world, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
I bought this as a last minute item for the basket and have to say i am very very impressed. Simple idea but well thought out. Good presentation in a sturdy box.

I have an 10 year old and 6 year old and both children are enjoying the game at a different level. Like other people we have adapted the game to suit times and needs. The six year old and I play together, discussing the cards and then doing the questions, where as the older child prefers to challenge.

I have been most impressed by the amount of information retained the next day so it gets 10 out of 10 for educational value in my eyes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Under Pillow alarm clock, 3 May 2012
A good product for the price. The clock is great and very handy and although complicted to work at first the two different alarms is a good ideas. Yes the virbrate setting is lound but then thats what i bought it for. Only trouble is it does not seem to have a setting with no alarm.

Playmobil 4858 Pool with Water Slide
Playmobil 4858 Pool with Water Slide
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent present, 7 Dec 2011
After much research into a present for my six year old we decided on this product. Packing and postage speed were excellent. Having had this type of product before we were prepared to open it up beforehand and assemble it so it could be played with straight away.
She loved it at first site and each little discovery bought new delights, the little boat, the working shower, sun cream etc in the little pool bag. It has been played with daily and I am hoping she will like her Christmas camper van just as much.

Only downside for mums is that there are a great many little pieces but that's the part she enjoys the most.

We did have one figure with a damaged arm but as far as we could see we would have had to return the whole product which was not a viable option for us so he has a small bandage.

All in all I would say great value for money,fairly sturdy ( it has survived her 10 year old brother's heavy hand so far)and great enjoyment value.

Nerf Dart Tag Strikefire 2-Player Duel System (Various Colours)
Nerf Dart Tag Strikefire 2-Player Duel System (Various Colours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Dart tag, 14 Nov 2011
After much deliberation about actually buying a gun type product for my 10year old son we finally settled on the Nerf dart tag strike fire. My son loves it and he and his father have had a great time shooting targets that they designed as well as mock battles using the vests supplied.

You will need more ammunition. I had to read the reviews carefully and ordered a pack of whistler dart pack which fit perfectly.

The guns are well built and have a lock and load type firing which you need to do between each shot. There are two vests which do fit adults and two glasses for eye protection. The shots would damage if they hit the eye directly but although there is some force behind the shots they do not hurt if they hit the body.

All in all we were very pleased with this product

LEGO Star Wars 7958: Advent Calendar
LEGO Star Wars 7958: Advent Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars advent calendar, 14 Nov 2011
I was so pleased to have seen this item and bought it at a reasonable price. I know my 10 year old lego mad son will love this. Nice presentation, good selection of characters and ships.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3