Profile for richard f > Reviews

Content by richard f

richard f

Kinobo USB Webcam 6.0 Megapixels with Metal Stand for Xp/Vista/Windows 7/Skype + Mic & LED lights

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and value for money, 28 Nov. 2012
If you want a camera for Skype or similar this is as good as most people will ever need. The picture quality is great my end but of course the quality received at the other end of the line is only as good as the internet connection and bandwidth.
The stand is rigid fully adaptable. LED lights on the front (controlable) are a great added bonus if your lighting is not good

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars great solution If you need wired internet supply, 28 Nov. 2012
Set up couldn't be easier, and I have had no problem since installation 2 months ago. Obviously this solution to extend wi-fi range only works with wired ethernet devices - no good for ipods/phones/pads.

NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Offered by ThomsonsTopBooks

2.0 out of 5 stars good when it works - needs re-starting occasionally, 28 Nov. 2012
I bought this based on reviews to replace 2 x TP link range extenders i had tried previous ly and had failed. Initial set up is easy although the range extender did not continue to work as seamlessly as I would have liked and I made anumber of calls to support who talked me through various different settings. I ouldnot get 100% reliability without turniong it off every 2 - 3 days, and as I want to place it in a roof space this doesn't work for me.
Netgear suggested a replacement that I have now had for 3 months and I get exactly the same problem. Wi-fi to my ipod is still not 100% consistent and I have to reboot extended regularly. From reading up on it I don't think there is a low-cost solution that does not suffer from drop-out, but I can't go on like this so it is going back!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 5:12 PM GMT

StoreONE Earpads For Sennheiser PX200, PX100, PXC250, PXC150 Headphones
StoreONE Earpads For Sennheiser PX200, PX100, PXC250, PXC150 Headphones
Offered by StoreONE

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality is fine - a little difficult to fit, 28 Nov. 2012
Good value for the price - comfortable on the ear. Now these traditional style headphones are OK to wear out, the cushioned pads have bought my old headphones back into use

TP-LINK TL-WA801ND - TP Link TL-WA801ND Wireless N Access Point - Range Extender
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

1.0 out of 5 stars gave up and returned, 23 Sept. 2012
This is the 2nd TP range extender/acces point I've tried. I don't know where the glitch is but I have a Belkin router and want to extend my network to access all my music from networked hard drive to ipods and iphones around the house. Set up was complicated because Belkin router doesn't have instant connect button. Once up and running the iphone sees a strong signal but connection to the internet doesn't work.
Even when I did manage to hget it to work, as soon as the iphone switched between wi-fi sources I lost connection.
Numerous emails and phone calls to TP didn't find a solution so I gave up and returned.
I bought a netgear [ASIN:B004XACSV2 Netgear WN3000RP Access Point weiß]] that was simple to set up and seems to work well (day 3 now)